This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
    Ali ended Liston. You can see how badly Ali's mind games and the pressure from Ali's ****** supporters affected Liston in the Sonny Liston HBO document.

Foreman was not the same after losing to Ali, he became a mess but he managed to clear his head and came back from retirement to redeem himself as a fighter. He still has plenty of excuses on why he lost that fight like he did.

Max Schmeling couldn't handle the pressure that was put on him by his country, Louis on the other hand stayed completely calm and destroyed Schmeling.

Jerry Quarry ruined lots of promising fighters.
    Thad Spencer was ranked the number 1 heavyweight in the world,
    Mac Foster was undefeated, all wins by KO,
    Buster Mathis looked good with some solid wins on his record, he had only lost to his rival Joe Frazier,
    Jack Bodell was the number 1 British heavyweight at the time and Quarry KO'd him in the first,
    Larry Middleton had a good record with solid wins before meeting Quarry, after that he barely won a fight.

Lewis making Oliver McCall cry was pretty weird to watch too.
    Yeah Lewis messed McCall up big time, or certainly tipped him over the edge.
    Grant was never the same, Mavrovic also. Bowe wouldn't go near him after the defeat in the olympics.

Tyson had a huge impact on many fighters as well, even before getting in the ring with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
      Tyson had a huge impact on many fighters as well, even before getting in the ring with them.
      That ain't no doubt. Whatever else you could say about Mike it's a foregone conclusion that he had the art of intimidation down. Many fights you can see the opposing fighter almost pissin' his trunks before any punches were ever thrown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
        That ain't no doubt. Whatever else you could say about Mike it's a foregone conclusion that he had the art of intimidation down. Many fights you can see the opposing fighter almost pissin' his trunks before any punches were ever thrown.
        Great to see you back man.

Tyson had many of his opponents beat before even entering the ring with them.

Ali had a big impact mentally on a lot of fighters as well. Before, during and after the fight.

Comment

• Tyson didnt even have to hit seldon to win the fight!!. And alot of in alot of his early fights they went down easy aswell. I cant remember the name of the fighter, and i havent got the fight (yet) but tyson skimmed him and he flew across the ring lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
            Tyson didnt even have to hit seldon to win the fight!!. And alot of in alot of his early fights they went down easy aswell. I cant remember the name of the fighter, and i havent got the fight (yet) but tyson skimmed him and he flew across the ring lol
            I remember that fight, can't think of the fighters name though.

I also remember watching it on video more than 20 years ago and I kept pausing it and moving it forward frame by frame wondering whether or not he actually hit him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
              Yeah Lewis messed McCall up big time, or certainly tipped him over the edge.
              ** King had to go haul McCall out of drug rehab for the fight.

Guy is a major crackhead that just happens to have the most solid chin in the world with an atomic right hand when he remembers to throw it. Lewis was no more than a pesky gnat in OllieWorld.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
                Tyson didnt even have to hit seldon to win the fight!!. And alot of in alot of his early fights they went down easy aswell. I cant remember the name of the fighter, and i havent got the fight (yet) but tyson skimmed him and he flew across the ring lol
                When I watched the Seldon fight for the first time I thought the wind knocked him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by silencers98 View Post
                  When I watched the Seldon fight for the first time I thought the wind knocked him out.
                  Seldon is just a cheap mans Mike Tyson, similar style and build but inferior in every department.

Comment

• 1.david tua.
                    2.john ruiz
                    3.danny williams
                    4.francois botha
                    5.chris byrd
                    6.evander holyfield
                    7.bruce seldon
                    8.trevor berbick
                    9.tony tubbs
                    10.mike tyson

Reason I got Tyson at number 10 , is because he dominated for only 3 yrs.
                    Lifestyle.

flashy

Comment

• Originally posted by boxing_great View Post
                      1.david tua.
                      2.john ruiz
                      3.danny williams
                      4.francois botha
                      5.chris byrd
                      6.evander holyfield
                      7.bruce seldon
                      8.trevor berbick
                      9.tony tubbs
                      10.mike tyson

Reason I got Tyson at number 10 , is because he dominated for only 3 yrs.
                      Lifestyle.

flashy
                      If you're trying to get a rise out of someone, then try and make your list a bit less obvious. But nice try anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X