This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
    Well, the key is in TBII height and weight are not factored in: It's a completely level playing field as if they all were brought up and fighting in the same era. In other words it's much closer to the ideal I spoke of in earlier posts. Here is Lennox's complete record for the tournament:

Title Bout II

Lennox Lewis Vs Muhammed Ali 0-4-1 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Joe Louis 1-4-0 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Jack Johnson 3-1-1 3KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Jack Dempsey 1-4-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Sonny Liston 1-4-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Rocky Marciano 0-5-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Larry Holmes 1-3-1 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Evander Holyfield 1-4-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs George Foreman 3-2-0 3KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Joe Frazier 1-4-0 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Mike Tyson 0-5-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Harry Wills 2-3-0 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Peter Jackson 2-3-0 2KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs George Godfrey 3-2-0 2KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Riddick Bowe 1-4 0 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Joe Walcott 3-2-0 3KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Joe Jeanette 4-1-0 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs James Jeffries 1-4-0 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs James Corbett 4-1-0 3KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Sam McVey 3-2-0 3KO
    Total 35-62-3 26KO

Data Boxing

Lennox Lewis Vs Muhammed Ali 0-5-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Joe Louis 3-2-0 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Jack Johnson 2-3-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Jack Dempsey 0-5-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Sonny Liston 5-0-0 4KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Rocky Marciano 5-0-0 4KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Larry Holmes 2-3-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Evander Holyfield 5-0-0 2KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs George Foreman 5-0-0 4KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Joe Frazier 1-4-0 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Mike Tyson 3-2-0 0KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Harry Wills 4-1-0 2KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Peter Jackson 4-0-1 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs George Godfrey 5-0-0 3KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Riddick Bowe 5-0-0 3KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Joe Walcott 5-0-0 3KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Joe Jeanette 5-0-0 3KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs James Jeffries 3-2-0 1KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs James Corbett 3-2-0 3KO
    Lennox Lewis Vs Sam McVey 5-0-0 0KO
    Total 70-29-1 34KO

I have the same programs, BUT like someone stated before, it's the information you put in that gives you the results. The thing I like about Data boxing is that you can put in say, Ali against Louis 100 or even 1000 times, and see who would wins the most. I have done this several times and here's what I came up with.

Ali vs. Louis in 100 bouts:
    ---------------------------------------------- Years when they fought
    67-31-2 (15 KO - 4 TKO - 21 KO-BY 1 TKO-BY) 1963-67 against 1935-42
    80-18-2 (35 KO - 6 TKO - 16 KO-BY 0 TKO-BY) 1973-74 against 1943-51
    72-27-1 (13 KO - 9 TKO - 17 KO-BY 1 TKO-BY) 1963-67 against 1935-42
    62-35-3 (10 KO - 6 TKO - 24 KO-BY 4 TKO-BY) 1963-67 against 1935-42

Ali vs. Louis in 1,000 bouts:

670-283-47 (101 KO - 17 TKO - 162 KO-BY 16 TKO-BY) 1963-67 against 1935-42

Comment

• Originally posted by hhascup View Post
      I have the same programs, BUT like someone stated before, it's the information you put in that gives you the results. The thing I like about Data boxing is that you can put in say, Ali against Louis 100 or even 1000 times, and see who would wins the most. I have done this several times and here's what I came up with.

I think Ali wouldn't have it all his own way against Louis and it would be a difficult fight for him. Also Lennox Lewis would be an extremely difficult fight for both of them.

Comment

• Hurricaine, you got any idea when the Consensus will be ready?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
          Hurricaine, you got any idea when the Consensus will be ready?
          Hawkins is still waiting on a couple of lists as far as I'm aware and one of them is mine. I'll try and get mine done today and I'll pm him later if he is online.

Comment

There's an insinuation in there that I cooked the books (BUT like someone stated before, it's the information you put in that gives you the results). Now, let me state for the record that I didn't tilt the playing field in any way shape or form. If anything I went above and beyond to make the playing field as level as possible. This is one of the reasons weight was NOT a consideration in these fights: These were contests to see who the better fighter was not who weighed more. If someone doesn't like the results, fine, say so; but don't insinuate that results you don't like were maniputated by me.

Poet
            Last edited by StarshipTrooper; 12-14-2007, 04:51 PM.

Comment

There's an insinuation in there that I cooked the books (BUT like someone stated before, it's the information you put in that gives you the results). Now, let me state for the record that I didn't the playing field in any way shape or form. If anything I went above and beyond to make the playing field as level as possible. This is one of the reasons weight was NOT a consideration in these fights: These were contests to see who the better fighter was not who weighed more. If someone doesn't like the results, fine, say so; but don't insinuate that results you don't like were maniputated by me.

Poet
              Poet I wasn't insinuating anything and I don't think hhascup was either. What I meant by the info you put in was the people that created the program and I think hhascup was agreeing with me. Sorry if it sounded like something different.

Comment

• Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
                Poet I wasn't insinuating anything and I don't think hhascup was either. What I meant by the info you put in was the people that created the program and I think hhascup was agreeing with me. Sorry if it sounded like something different.
                It was nothing in what you wrote Hurricane, but rather what Hhascup wrote. The man's a proffesional writer and knows exactly what he's writing. I have a degree in Literature and have been trained to analyze text so there isn't anything he can try and sneak by me without me spotting it. I suspect there is a bit of animosity due to an altercation I had with the administrator of another forum of which Hhascup is a member of (the administrator made the mistake of talking down his nose at me). If that is indeed the case then I think it petty to let what happend on the other forum seep over to this one.

Poet

Comment

It was nothing in what you wrote Hurricane, but rather what Hhascup wrote. The man's a proffesional writer and knows exactly what he's writing. I have a degree in Literature and have been trained to analyze text so there isn't anything he can try and sneak by me without me spotting it. I suspect there is a bit of animosity due to an altercation I had with the administrator of another forum of which Hhascup is a member of (the administrator made the mistake of talking down his nose at me). If that is indeed the case then I think it petty to let what happend on the other forum seep over to this one.

Poet
                  Poet, first of all, I am not a professional writer, I wish I was. Second, I let what happened on the other site stay their, the problem their did not concern me and I really never understood the whole thing.

Have have no idea what I wrote that would make you upset with me. All I am saying is that these programs are Great, BUT it's what you put in that actually gives you the results that come out.

Comment

Poet, first of all, I am not a professional writer, I wish I was. Second, I let what happened on the other site stay their, the problem their did not concern me and I really never understood the whole thing.

Have have no idea what I wrote that would make you upset with me. All I am saying is that these programs are Great, BUT it's what you put in that actually gives you the results that come out.

So we are all still friends then.

Let's get this thread going again and have some more debates, I've missed our discussions.

I'll start it off again. Someone picks a heavyweight and we all discuss and feel free to put up clips, then we move onto someone else. Sam McVey your thoughts on him. How great was he and could he have won the title if given a shot and who would he have beat in his era. Had he trained in todays era at his own size and weight how would he compare.

Comment

• 1. Rocky Marciano
                      2. Joe Louis
                      3. Larry Holmes
                      4. Jack Dempysey
                      5. Ali
                      6. Holyfield
                      7.Mike Tyson
                      8. Sonny Liston
                      9. Jack Dempsey
                      10. Smokin Joe.

Comment