3> Lennox Lewis
    4> Joe Louis
    5> Evander Holyfield
    6> Jack Johnson
    7> George Foreman
    8> Rocky Marciano
    9> Joe Frazier
    10>Mike Tyson
    I can't argue with this just the order. You give a lot of credit to Larry Holmes.

1) Ali
    2) Louis
    3) Holmes
    4) Holyfield
    5) Johnson
    6) Lewis
    7) Foreman
    8) Marciano
    9) Frazier
    10) Tyson

Somewhere after this you might have Liston, Dempsey, Patterson, Norton, Walcott
    Last edited by boxingnut712; 10-29-2015, 05:21 AM.

Comment

• My personal top ten (best not favourite)
      1)Muhammad Ali
      2)Joe Louis
      3)Rocky Marciano
      4)Jack Dempsey
      5)George Foreman
      6)Joe Frazier
      7)Mike Tyson
      8)Lennox Lewis
      9)Larry Holmes
      10)Jack Johnson

Comment

• I have a hard time with people not ranking Tyson #1. There has to be a defined criteria, or some sort of barometer... Because Mike in his true prime, from 19-22, would beat any fighter of any era in any weight division. I simply cant understand how so many so called experts don't even list him as the hardest puncher. Watch him obliterate Michael Johnson's face and tell me he's not the most devastating puncher ever. Hector Mercedes said he throws sledge hammers, and hit him harder than he'd ever been hit. That was Mike's first pro fight. His 8 second KO in the Jr Olympics will never be broken. His speed, agility, awareness, defensive head movement, and chin are all top notch. Combine those with the most relentless finishing ability to go along with his super human power, and you have a man that simply wasn't like other humans. However with his psychological issues, and lack of leadership after Cus and Jim Jacobs died, he quickly derailed. But by his 15th fight, he was the best heavyweight/boxer of all time, in that there isn't a single boxer who has ever lived that he couldn't have beaten during his best years. Ali Tyson would've been spectacular. But it also could've possibly been a first round KO for Mike..like any of his fights. I love Joe Louis, but no..not against Mike. The way he fought in title fights during his initial title run shows you how incredible he could be.

Comment

• Damiani doesnt deserve to be the worst title holder/as posted by the originator of this thread.He was a good fighter who i think only lost once.Cant understand him being rated like that ?

Comment

• From what I've seen.
            1. Ali
            2. Tyson (even though he would beat Ali)
            3. Louis
            4. Marciano
            5. Holmes
            6. Forman
            7. Johnson
            8. Dempsey
            9. Lewis
            10. Holyfield

Comment

Top 10 Favourite Heavyweight's of all-time

1> Larry Holmes
              2> George Foreman
              3> Muhammed Ali
              4> Joe Louis
              5> Mike Tyson
              6> Rocky Marciano
              7> Jack Johnson
              8> Lennox Lewis
              9> James J. Jeffries
              10>Sonny Liston

Foreman & Holmes are the favorite but not the most favorite as ALI. Because when you came across Boxing Skills then it is difficult to remove ALI from no 1 position. You probably have heard & see many analysis about ALI,Holmes & Foreman.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

1. Ali/
                2.Dempsy/louis/T. Stevenson tie
                3. Johnson/Tunney tie (Tunney would be tied with Spinks for the greatest light heavy).
                4. Liston/Holmes tie
                5. Foreman/Frazier tie

Honorable mention Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson. Rocky Marciano
                Someone who never had a pro fight at number 2. Really? Their endurance, heart, chin, etc. are not tested at the same level and the competition is massively inferior.

Tunney at number 3? Yes he beat Dempsey twice (with both being 10 rounders) but that was a Dempsey who had a three year lay off after getting knocked out of the ring by Firpo who was a fairly unskilled brawler.

I personally think having Johnson and Dempsey as high as 2 and 3 is bizarre under any criteria, how can Dempsey be comparable to Joe Louis?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
                  Otherwise...what did you think of the list? I'd be interested to hear critique on the list as a whole instead of sentence specific notes.
                  My list is
                  I don't agree with your ranking of Tyson above Lewis....Tyson lost every time he faced another all time great and his career was short lived compared with other heavyweight champions, he was also knocked out 5 times as a pro

1 Joe Louis ( Louis,ali and Lewis can each be number 1 changes daily ) reason 25 defences
                  2 Muhammad Ali ( regained title 3 times and changed the face of boxing)
                  3 Lennox Lewis ( Lewis won title 3 times and defeated every fighter he faced in the ring )
                  4 jack Dempsey
                  5 rocky Marciano
                  6 Larry Holmes
                  7 George foreman
                  8 Evander Holyfield
                  9 Jack Johnson
                  10 Mike Tyson

Comment

• 1.Muhammad ali
                    2. Joe louis
                    3. Sam langford
                    4. Larry holmes
                    5. Rocky Marciano
                    6. George Foreman
                    7. Jack Dempsey
                    8. Mike tyson
                    9.Lennox lewis
                    10. Jack Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                      So you are saying, a broke jaw and smashed eye-socket is not "Damaged Goods" ??

Yet you *****et Lewis victory as greater than what Tyson's was, even tho Ruddock never landed a meaningful punch in the whole fight

Ruddock was very mediocre and not one of Mike Tyson's best career victories. His best victories were :

Larry Holmes who went on to a record of 23-2 after his defeat and was only ever KOd by Tyson.

Michael Spinks - Undefeated and "The man who beat the man"

Pinklon Thomas - 26-1 former champion

Tony Tucker - undefeated reigning champion

Tony Tubbs - 24-1 former champion

Bonecrusher Smith - reigning champion

Frank Bruno - reigning champion

Tyrell Biggs - Undefeated 15-0 Olympic Gold Medalist.

Trevor Berbick - reigning champion

------------------------

Lennox Lewis greatest career victories :

Tony Tucker 6yrs after Tyson defeated him and well publisized drug abuser
                      Phil Jackson - who?
                      Lionel Butler - who?
                      Frank Bruno - Bruno out-jabbed Lewis for 7rds before gassing
                      Justin Fortune - who?
                      Tommy Morrison - HIV steroid abuser bombed out in 1rd by one Michael Bent
                      Ray Mercer - schooled by old Holmes yet many felt unlucky loser against Lewis
                      Henry Akinwande - who?
                      Andrew Golota - Steroid nutcase bombed out by Lewis, Tyson & Brewster
                      Shannon Briggs - Steroid abuser, drug abuser
                      Zeljko Mavrovic - who?
                      Michael Grant - exposed bum with padded record
                      David Tua - "Fattest man to ever fight for the title" no boxing ability
                      Frans Botha - Steroid abuser, drug addict.

Evander Holyfield - years past best. Lewis unfotunate not to win decision in first fight, Holyfield ROBBED of decision in second fight.

Mike Tyson - Tyson addicted to prescription anti-depressants, alcohol, ******* & cannabis.. fight had to be held in Memphis Ten. as no other state would licence the bout due to the fact Tyson would fail both pre and after fight Drug Tests... Pathetic!
                      You have the audacity to call Tua fat for Lewis and yet tubbs was not for Tyson lol

Tyson vs ruddock 2 fights. Controversial Tko and life and death points victory
                      Lewis vs ruddock. Lewis koed ruddock 2nd rd
                      Tyson vs Holyfield Holyfield tko victory and DQ win
                      Lewis vs Holyfield robbery draw and Lewis unanimous victory

Tyson paid Lewis 4 million to avoid fighting him and chose to fight Bruce seldon instead as he knew Lewis would have dethroned him..

You my friend are deluded into thinking Tyson was better than he was and his record shows that

Comment

Working...
                      X