• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    ????????????????????????

lol

remember it was old Foreman as well.
    He had one fluke loss to Buster Douglas before their first fight. He wasn't losing to anybody else so it was definitely a towards the end of his prime fight, at least the 1st fight. The 2nd one pretty much ended it. Evander would have beaten him anytime, anywhere. He was all wrong for Tyson.

Although Foreman was old he wasn't no scrub either. It was one of the biggest heavyweight fights ever. Evander don't get enough credit.
    Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 05-10-2011, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• You want my list? Here goes.......

1. Muhammad Ali
      2. Joe Louis
      3. Jack Johnson
      4. Larry Holmes
      5. George Foreman
      6. Jack Dempsey
      7. Rocky Marciano
      8. Sonny Liston
      9. Mike Tyson
      10. Joe Frazier
      11. Jim Jeffries
      12. Lennox Lewis
      13. Sam Langford
      14. Evander Holyfield
      15. Ezzard Charles
      16. Rid**** Bowe
      17. Jersey Joe Walcott
      18. Max Schmeling
      19. Floyd Patterson
      20. Max Baer

Comment

• {1/. Jack Dempsey
        2/. Muhammad Ali
        3/. Joe Louis
        4/. Gene Tunney
        5/. Jack Johnson
        6/. George Foreman
        7/. Mike Tyson
        8/. Joe Frazier
        9/. Evander Holyfield
        10/. Rocky Marciano

Based on a head 2 head of all heavyweight champions in history}

sonnyboyx2 - do you seriously think Dempsy can beat Ali, Louis, Foreman, Holmes and Johnson? dont get me wrong. i am a huge fan of the manassa mauler, but saying he could beat any heavyweight in history is just nonsensical.

Comment

• 1Louis
          2Ali
          3Sullivan
          4Dempsey
          5Johnson
          6Marciano
          7Jeffries
          8Tyson
          9Baer
          10Foreman

Comment

• 1. Muhammed Ali
            2. Joe Louis
            3. George Foreman
            4. Larry Holmes
            5. Jack Johnson
            6. Evander Holyfield
            7. Jack Dempsey
            8. Jim Jefferies
            9. Lennox Lewis
            10.Sonny Liston
            Last edited by Welsh Jon; 07-10-2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Tyson View Post
              wow, im shocked jack dempsey is not in your top 10 best or favorite boxers of all times.
              Was thinking this

Comment

• but a good list all the same

Comment

• Originally posted by BrananaRepublic View Post
                  Was thinking this

Why? besides being an icon of his era what makes his resume great enough to be amongst the top 10 all time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
                    Than you Poet, ForemanCrossArm, and Yaman for understanding one of the things I was trying to say.

Not only does punching power come from physiology, but also timing, technique, etc. Yes, I am saying that Lewis did not hit as hard as Foreman, Shavers, Tyson, or even Frazier. Jack Dempsey was another guy who fought opponents much bigger than he was, and he still knocked 'em out (and broke their bones).

@them_apples: You still didn't address the issue of opponents KO %, quality of opposition, etc., in regards to why Holmes and Ali would simply embarass Tua. The New Zealander did manage to get close to Lewis, who had half the chin of either Holmes or Ali, and moved far slower than they did, and yet Lewis felt as though Tua didn't hit very hard. Read again, the quotes I posted.
                    I'll tell you, Lewis hit just as hard as any of the great heavyweights.....what sort of myth are you trying to perpetuate? Speaking of Tua, yep, he could knock anyones block off but he just didn't work hard enough.

As for Lewis saying Tua didn't hit hard....well, that's just typical after fight talk. Remember Ali said the same after beating George Foreman. Tua only hit Lewis with one decent left in that whole fight, right at the bell in the middle rounds, Lewis was out on his feet with his corner working feverishly to wake him up. They did that & he went on to give Tua a steady diet of thunderous right hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by -CANE- View Post
                      First off if he continues like you said, on accomplishment he has to be right up there somewhere in the top 8.

I could see him outpointing or stopping Louis late on, Louis could be outboxed and Wlad is an excellent boxer. I could also see the possibility of Louis knocking him out but I'd begrudgingly lean towards a Wlad win. I also think he would get rid of Frazier inside the distance.

The Holyfield fight is a tricky one to pick and I don't see him stopping Holyfield. Holyfield could get outpointed but I'd pick Evander to stop him late on.

I'd pick a young George Foreman to walk right through Wlad and stop him early. I see Ali, Lewis,Tyson and Holmes beating Wlad as well.

Interesting what you said about a young George Foreman beating them all except Ali. If he had the boxing brain of an old George Foreman on his young body I see him beating everyone including Ali. But he never, and while I see him beating most of them I think there is two others that could of beat him. One is Holmes who I think could of withstood the barrage, he had superb recuperative powers and even if George put him down he would withstand the onslaught and wear him down for a mid to late round stoppage.

The other one I see beating a young Foreman is Lewis, yes it's quite concievable George knocks him out early, Lewis had a better chin than most give him credit for but George's power was sensational plus he was pretty quick and very accurate so it is a good bet George blows him away like he did Norton. But Lewis is very clever and a great boxer and he had the ability to keep even a young Foreman at bay until he tired, he could then finish him off.

I see this fight between a young Foreman and Lewis as being one of the most intruiging matches hypothetically that you could make. So many outcomes are possible, I think this would have been a fantastic fight. And I'd bet any money had they fought and Foreman won, Lewis would come back and find a way to win the rematch.
                      Good thoughts, agree entirely. I would add that Lewis has more than enough starch on his right hand to knock George senseless as well but both were underrated for their durability so it would logically go to a late round stoppage for Lennox or UD for Lennox. But quite right that George could give Lennox, or anyone for that matter, the sleeping pill at any point.

Comment

Working...
                      X