4/. Gene Tunney
        5/. Jack Johnson
        6/. George Foreman
        7/. Mike Tyson
        8/. Joe Frazier
        9/. Evander Holyfield
        10/. Rocky Marciano

Based on a head 2 head of all heavyweight champions in history

Nice list....many of my faves in there too, but you think Dempsey beats Ali in a head to head? Prime for prime?

And we all know what happened when prime Bowe met prime Holyfield......just a thought.

Also would you not pick prime Liston over Marciano. That one is a tough call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
          Nice list....many of my faves in there too, but you think Dempsey beats Ali in a head to head? Prime for prime?

And we all know what happened when prime Bowe met prime Holyfield......just a thought.

Also would you not pick prime Liston over Marciano. That one is a tough call.
          Dempsey beats any heavyweight who ever lived, if Cooper & Frazier can put a peak Ali on the floor Dempsey would slaughter him.

Bowe crossed my mind like many others did but he had just that one great night in his career so Holyfield was the logical choice.

Liston was just too slow and with him quitting against Ali and his KO lost to Martin i feel that Marciano would apply to much pressure and get under his jab and score the KO victory... Muhammad Ali when making the computer fight filming with Marciano was amazed at Rocky's punching power and the guy had been retired for over 20yrs. Rocky's double left-hook which leveled Harry Mathews was a brutal combo i feel Liston would have been open too.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
            Dempsey beats any heavyweight who ever lived, if Cooper & Frazier can put a peak Ali on the floor Dempsey would slaughter him.

Bowe crossed my mind like many others did but he had just that one great night in his career so Holyfield was the logical choice.

Liston was just too slow and with him quitting against Ali and his KO lost to Martin i feel that Marciano would apply to much pressure and get under his jab and score the KO victory... Muhammad Ali when making the computer fight filming with Marciano was amazed at Rocky's punching power and the guy had been retired for over 20yrs. Rocky's double left-hook which leveled Harry Mathews was a brutal combo i feel Liston would have been open too.

Fair enough, if thats how you see it.

I totally agree with Holyfield being higher than Bowe......it was just the head to head thing that made me question it. Bowe, with more dedication would command a genuine top ten spot......I think he had terrific potential. Big shame.

It was only yesterday or so that I gave Dempsey a good backing to give Ali the fright of his life, I just dont feel that he'd quite get the win! I think that late 1966/67 Ali was a fair bit better than 1963 Ali (Cooper) or 1971 Ali (Frazier), but I dont doubt that Dempsey would dish out more punishment than Chuvalo did (who left Ali hospitalised with blood in his urine after their 1966 fight).

As for Marciano vs Liston. My real fear is that after watching Charles and Walcott work Marciano over somewhat; that the bigger, heavier handed, longer reaching Liston might be a step too far. A tough fight either way!

Comment

1/. Jack Dempsey
              2/. Muhammad Ali
              3/. Joe Louis
              4/. Gene Tunney
              5/. Jack Johnson
              6/. George Foreman
              7/. Mike Tyson
              8/. Joe Frazier
              9/. Evander Holyfield
              10/. Rocky Marciano

Based on a head 2 head of all heavyweight champions in history

Ironic how you have Dempsey listed ahead of so many black heavyweights considering he ducked every great black heavyweight of his era.Dempsey doesnt belong on any top ten list period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Vida View Post
                Ironic how you have Dempsey listed ahead of so many black heavyweights considering he ducked every great black heavyweight of his era.Dempsey doesnt belong on any top ten list period.
                Dempsey was easily the greatest heavyweight who ever lived and rightly makes No1 your hero Lennox Lewis don't make the Top 20

Comment

• 1. Muhammad Ali
                  2. Joe Louis
                  3. Jack Johnson
                  4. Larry Holmes
                  5. George Foreman
                  6. Sonny Liston
                  7. Rocky Marciano
                  8. Joe Frazier
                  9. Jack Dempsey
                  10. Evander Holyfield.

Comment

Dempsey was easily the greatest heavyweight who ever lived and rightly makes No1 your hero Lennox Lewis don't make the Top 20

LMAO,Youre a great comedian,Ill give you that.

what is it Dempsey did to be the greatest heavyweight of all time again? Is this based over his win over a weak champion like Jess Willard? Or do you base it off of Dempsey ducking every black contender of his title reign,going into long hiatus's while still champion and then getting schooled twice by a much better boxer in Gene Tunney.

Lewis's accomplishments>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jack Dempseys.Dempsey wouldnt have had the guts to fight a great black boxer like Lewis as he avoided every one of them while he was champion.Dempsey was a fraud and no atg let alone the greatest heavyweight ever lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Vida View Post
                      LMAO,Youre a great comedian,Ill give you that.

what is it Dempsey did to be the greatest heavyweight of all time again? Is this based over his win over a weak champion like Jess Willard? Or do you base it off of Dempsey ducking every black contender of his title reign,going into long hiatus's while still champion and then getting schooled twice by a much better boxer in Gene Tunney.

Lewis's accomplishments>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jack Dempseys.Dempsey wouldnt have had the guts to fight a great black boxer like Lewis as he avoided every one of them while he was champion.Dempsey was a fraud and no atg let alone the greatest heavyweight ever lol.
                      While I don't agree with Dempsey being rated number one all time, he twice signed to fight number one contender Harry Wills, only to have both fights fall through.

Comment

Working...
                      X