5. Rocky Marciano
    6. George Foreman
    7. Jack Dempsey
    8. Joe Frazier
    9. Lennox Lewis
    10. Jack Johnson

Comment

• Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post
      I think so too, he would have demolished Holyfield there IMO.
      Tyson was ripped at 217 so I can't see him getting much lighter than that without emaciating himself. Holyfield demolished Tyson at Heavyweight why would anyone think the outcome would be any different at Cruiserweight (Bogus Division).

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
        ** Obviously that would have to be a fantasy match up since Charles was not only well past the LH division but well past his best when Floyd started to hit his stride.

Floyd is generally overrated because of his heart as well as the great influence of D'amato. I like Floyd as a boxer, and a fighter, and particularly as a man for his era, but Charles prime to prime would be a bridge too far both stylistically and natural attributes whether at middle, LH, or heavy for him.
        Not sure he beat a very well skilled Moore easily. Patterson looked great in that fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by duffgun View Post
          Not sure he beat a very well skilled Moore easily. Patterson looked great in that fight.
          Charles was like 6-0 against Moore at Light-Heavyweight: Food for thought.

Poet

Comment

• Originally posted by IBFHvyWtChamp View Post
            1. Joe Louis
            2. Mike Tyson
            3. Muhammad Ali
            4. Larry Holmes
            5. Rocky Marciano
            6. George Foreman
            7. Jack Dempsey
            8. Joe Frazier
            9. Lennox Lewis
            10. Jack Johnson
            I generally agree with your list. I agree with everyone in it apart from holyfield should be in it. Probably replacing Marciano or Foreman. Tyson is also to hight swapping himm with Holmes would make more sence (to me). Couple of other things i disagree with but thats the whole point, these list are subjective and as long as you have good reasons to back them up then there are no problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              Tyson was ripped at 217 so I can't see him getting much lighter than that without emaciating himself. Holyfield demolished Tyson at Heavyweight why would anyone think the outcome would be any different at Cruiserweight (Bogus Division).

Poet

I see and understand your reasoning Poet, but I still think a 1988 version of Tyson would have beat any Holyfield. Hell even when he did fight him, he should have won both fights even though he had greatly deteriorated both physically and mentally.

I think he could have made the cruiserweight limit, whether or not it would have drastically effected him is seriously open to question, but I think he could of managed and fought much more effectively down at cruiser.

Maybe I am being a complete idiot for thinking this, but I just got a feeling he could of done this and fought well down at cruiser.

Of course this would never have happened, why fight at cruiser when you were ripping through the heavyweight division as he was, but I like to imagine different scenarious, it's fun to speculate and imagine.

Comment

• Cus would never have had tyson as a crusierweight. It was a nothing division, the big time is in the heavyweight divison. Thats how you become a big celeb and get a great sports status and thats what cus wanted for Tyson

Comment

Charles was like 6-0 against Moore at Light-Heavyweight: Food for thought.

Poet
                  Yeah thats true just saying that Patterson has beat skilled boxers.

Comment

• Originally posted by duffgun View Post
                    Yeah thats true just saying that Patterson has beat skilled boxers.
                    Oh I agree. Patterson is, in fact, one of my all-time favorite fighters and I firmly believe if he had fought at Light-Heavyweight instead of Heavyweight we'd be talking about him in terms of being an ATG. Still, even at Heavyweight his career was nothing to be ashamed of.

Poet

Comment

Oh I agree. Patterson is, in fact, one of my all-time favorite fighters and I firmly believe if he had fought at Light-Heavyweight instead of Heavyweight we'd be talking about him in terms of being an ATG. Still, even at Heavyweight his career was nothing to be ashamed of.

Poet
                      See my earlier post! The reason he fought in the heavys was because of cus. At that time he wanted to break the politics of boxing. And the only way to do so was to control the heavyweight Champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X