X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxing_prospect View Post
    whenever Poet disagrees with you does he often post this

is just me, or does Poet make ****phobic and prejudiced refrences way too often?
    Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

Poet

Comment

• 1. Ali
      2. Joe Louis
      3. Jack Johnson
      4. Rocky Marciano
      5. Mike Tyson
      6. Larry Holmes
      7. Joe Frazier
      8. Jack Dempsey
      9. Evander Holyfield
      10. Lennox Lewis

Comment

• Some interesting discussions on the last few pages, sorry I haven't been able to join in but I was banned.

Floyd would have made an excellent light-heavyweight had he stayed there.

He just was never really able to compete with the big boys in terms of punch resistance.

I'd love to have seen a Charles vs Patterson at 175lb.

This got me thinking about Cus' other fighter Mike Tyson and would he have been able to get down to 175lb (asking a bit too much), probably not but maybe he'd have been able to make 190lb.

It's not where the money was but he'd have been phenominal I think, and no one would have been able to stand up to him at either 175 or 190.

Whats everyones thoughts on Mike Tyson being able to make either of these weights and how he would have fared.

Comment

• If Tyson isn't weight drained, he could have been close to unstoppable at 190.

Comment

• Originally posted by hurricane72 View Post

Whats everyones thoughts on Mike Tyson being able to make either of these weights and how he would have fared.
            175 is absolutely out of the question. HAD Mike been able to make 190 I think it would have seriously compromised his stamina, speed and power. This in turn MAY have compromised his mental state even sooner than it did. I think 215-220 was right around Mikes optimum weight where things really fell into place from 1985 till 1989. After that, its a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              If Tyson isn't weight drained, he could have been close to unstoppable at 190.
              I think so too, he would have demolished Holyfield there IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                175 is absolutely out of the question. HAD Mike been able to make 190 I think it would have seriously compromised his stamina, speed and power. This in turn MAY have compromised his mental state even sooner than it did. I think 215-220 was right around Mikes optimum weight where things really fell into place from 1985 till 1989. After that, its a different story.

I'm not sure it would have compromised his mental state, I don't think anyone could of stood up to him at that weight, like the big heavies did.

But I think your right about 175, that would be too much to lose as he was naturally lean and muscular at around 210-218.

Comment

This got me thinking about Cus' other fighter Mike Tyson and would he have been able to get down to 175lb
                  ** Iron Mike missing an opportunity of a lifetime.

He could get down to 135 against Manny in a HUGE $$$$$$$$$$$ bout and establish another one off legacy, the first heavyweight champ to capture the lightweight title.

Of course he'd have to train in Zimbabwe for 6 months, a small sacrifice to make history yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
                    ** Iron Mike missing an opportunity of a lifetime.

He could get down to 135 against Manny in a HUGE $$$$$$$$$$$ bout and establish another one off legacy, the first heavyweight champ to capture the lightweight title.

Of course he'd have to train in Zimbabwe for 6 months, a small sacrifice to make history yet again.
                    ** You might actually make a funny post one day

Sarcasm will get you nowhere

Comment

Some interesting discussions on the last few pages, sorry I haven't been able to join in but I was banned.

Floyd would have made an excellent light-heavyweight had he stayed there.

He just was never really able to compete with the big boys in terms of punch resistance.

I'd love to have seen a Charles vs Patterson at 175lb.

This got me thinking about Cus' other fighter Mike Tyson and would he have been able to get down to 175lb (asking a bit too much), probably not but maybe he'd have been able to make 190lb.

It's not where the money was but he'd have been phenominal I think, and no one would have been able to stand up to him at either 175 or 190.

Tyson was 190 and 5 ft 10 by the age of 13. Maybe just Maybe he could of made it to 200 if even. But right now hes in the 300's.

Comment

Working...
                      X