No announcement yet.

P4P hardest punchers of all time....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mic573 View Post
    I think Jackson and Foreman are probably the hardest punchers of all-time.
    The young Foreman wasn't that hard of a puncher as he couldn't knock out the lesser opponents as quick as Tyson did to his. Tyson hits harder and more affective than Foreman.

Comment

• Originally posted by gavinz1970 View Post
      Ummmm....... Moore was 49 years old when he fought Ali, look how pathetic Holmes looked fighting at 38 against Tyson.
      How did Holmes look pathetic kid, if anything he was more confident for this fight than any other. He wanted to destroy Tyson and was going 15 rounds sparring just to prove how ready he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by dr filth View Post
        The hardest punchers of all time, my list would be:
        Marciano - all of his 43 KO's were one punch knockouts, and his punches broke bones and sent Carmine Vingo into a coma

Joe Louis - broke Max Schmeling's back ( 2 vertebrae ) with body punches and i have pictures of him punching so hard he lifted Billy Conn's body off the canvas

Jack Dempsey - broke Jess Willard's jaw, ribs, cheekbone in round 1 of their title fight

Stanley ketchel - he could still knock guys out with one punch after 20
        rounds

Archie Moore - most knockouts of any boxer - 145 KO's
        Bull****, not all of Marciano's knockouts were from one punch. He ran his opponents into the later rounds and knocked the out with either a two punch combination or a rabbit punch to the back of the head. Besides the point most of his opponents were hand picked club fighters that were over weight. He runs into a light heavyweight by the name of Ezzard Charles and couldn't even knock him out in their first fight. Last time I checked Tyson knocked all of his opponents that were light heavyweights early and with Spink one punch. Marciano's power is clearly over rated in my opinion.

knocking light heavyweights and over weight club fighting heavyweights doesn't make you a powerful puncher

Comment

• Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
          The most devastating punchers or hardest hitting punchers I've ever witnessed were Jackson, Foreman, Shavers, McClellan, Mugabi, Chavez (look what he did to Taylor), and Tyson...Duran hit pretty hard too. I never saw Wilde so I wouldn't know about his power. Marciano is on this list as well.

As for one punch power I think Jackson was probably the guy most likely to change a fight with one punch.
          Have you ever seen super heavyweights fly through the air with one punch? Tyson did this and did with a punch that he claimed was his second best, his left hook. If there is any fighter who can change a fight with one punch it's Mike Tyson. Had he been a bit taller I think his power would have been that much more dangerous and affective.

Comment

• Originally posted by metalinmybrain View Post
            Bull****, not all of Marciano's knockouts were from one punch. He ran his opponents into the later rounds and knocked the out with either a two punch combination or a rabbit punch to the back of the head. Besides the point most of his opponents were hand picked club fighters that were over weight. He runs into a light heavyweight by the name of Ezzard Charles and couldn't even knock him out in their first fight. Last time I checked Tyson knocked all of his opponents that were light heavyweights early and with Spink one punch. Marciano's power is clearly over rated in my opinion.

knocking light heavyweights and over weight club fighting heavyweights doesn't make you a powerful puncher

And what a masterful job he did against former cruiserweight Evander Holyfield

Comment

• Originally posted by nohero View Post
              Hands down, Marciano.

49-0 with the highest KO% (89%) of any heavyweight champion in history.

Jack Dempsey who is one of the toughest boxers who ever lived has said himself that for one-punch KO power, Marciano was the best there ever was.

Joe Louis admitted that even in his prime he would not have been able to handle Marciano's onslaught.

Broke Roland LaStarza's forearms with gloved fists... sick.

After the rock, you have to consider a few... Tyson, Shavers and Foreman come to mind.

I know I only mentioned the heavyweights but in all honesty the lighter fighters would never get by on KO power alone, a heavyweight could make a nice career based solely on power. Because of this the heavyweights tend to be more about KO and less about boxing skill, the division just breeds heavy hitters, even when talking "P4P".
              Like I have said before, more than a hand full of over aged light heavyweights and blown up club fighting heavyweights doesn't turn your resume into something spectacular. For that matter he didn't have a real one punch KO. He knocked his opponents in the later rounds and with most of the time a two punch KO. Marciano would never knock out the likes of Foreman Tyson Holmes Ali Mercer Tua Frazier etc. His power is only shown great against bums and light heavyweights sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by dansweeney View Post
                tyson has to be the all time best, look at the way he knocked out frazier's son, that was scary
                Frazier's son used the same defense his father used, the only difference is Tyson was a pressure fighter just like Frazier and refused to move backwards. Tyson exposed Frazier of that whack defense by laying down uppercuts. Actually only one did it a right uppercut that sent Frazier's head flying into the air.

Just like Foreman did against Joe Tyson did against his son. They both exposed these men of having the most obvious defense ever around in the heavyweight division with that up and down head movement perfect for an uppercut artist like Tyson!

Comment

• Originally posted by metalinmybrain View Post
                  Like I have said before, more than a hand full of over aged light heavyweights and blown up club fighting heavyweights doesn't turn your resume into something spectacular. For that matter he didn't have a real one punch KO. He knocked his opponents in the later rounds and with most of the time a two punch KO. Marciano would never knock out the likes of Foreman Tyson Holmes Ali Mercer Tua Frazier etc. His power is only shown great against bums and light heavyweights sorry.

For all the crap you talk about people downing Tyson for this very reason now you're downing Marciano? Kind of hypocritical since the very same thing can be leveled against Tyson. Besides, it's a proven fact that Marciano had one the most powerful right hands in the history of the heavyweight division...

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hawk

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                    And what a masterful job he did against former cruiserweight Evander Holyfield
                    Yes the same Holyfield who was juiced up on Roids. The same Holyfield who headbutts more than he throws his fists. I'm talking about the Tyson prior to prison you ****ing moron!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
                      For all the crap you talk about people downing Tyson for this very reason now you're downing Marciano? Kind of hypocritical since the very same thing can be leveled against Tyson. Besides, it's a proven fact that Marciano had one the most powerful right hands in the history of the heavyweight division...

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hawk
                      I'm not downing Marciano because fact is both Tyson and Marciano had simular careers with who they faced but I still lean towards Tyson's line up being far better and primed than Marciano's.

Comment

Working...
                      X