No announcement yet.

P4P hardest punchers of all time....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cple
    Whoa...Acelino Freitas? Pacquio the hardest hitting featherweight of all-time? Freitas hasn't proven his power against one viable opponent. As for the hardest hitting featherweight to ever live, it's got to be Sandy Saddler and followed possibly by Alexis Arguello or Naseem Hamed.

It's kind of difficult to narrow down the hardest hitting fighers of all-time, since there were quite a few that could knock their opponents unconscious. But here are 10 that first come to mind...

(no partucular order)

1. Jimmy Wilde
    2. George Foreman
    3. Earnie Shavers
    4. Bob Fitzsimmons
    5. Stanley Ketchel
    6. Joe Louis
    7. Julian Jackson
    8. Thomas Hearns
    9. Jack Dempsey
    10. Sandy Saddler

Was Fitz really that big of a ****er cple?? I know he was famous for his impressive 'solar plexus punch'. but I didn't know he was a knockout artist, per se.

My list is pretty similiar to many already posted. I think any list should have at least Julian Jackson, Joe Louis, and Earnie Shavers. Any list without those names should be handled with extreme prejudice..

Comment

By all accounts, Fitzsimmons was a huge ****er that ranks up near the top of the elite puncher. 48 of his 55 official wins came by knockout, once reeled of 12 consecutive stoppage, and had a KO% of 53, which in an era of no-decisions is extremely impressive. Some may scoff at those numbers, but in those days, fighters had to conserve energy to last 20+ rounds and they rarely threw combinations. So many of his stoppages came from one-punch.

And he showcased his power in multiple weights. As a middleweight he knocked out heavyweights such as Tom Sharkey and Jim Corbett, who was the champ at the time. Not only that, he won the heavyweight crown to a single shot to the body.

Also, i should probably add Sam Langford to my list. Some people who saw him, thought he was a much better fighter and harder puncher than Fitz.

Comment

Hands down, Marciano.

49-0 with the highest KO% (89%) of any heavyweight champion in history.

Jack Dempsey who is one of the toughest boxers who ever lived has said himself that for one-punch KO power, Marciano was the best there ever was.

Joe Louis admitted that even in his prime he would not have been able to handle Marciano's onslaught.

Broke Roland LaStarza's forearms with gloved fists... sick.

After the rock, you have to consider a few... Tyson, Shavers and Foreman come to mind.

I know I only mentioned the heavyweights but in all honesty the lighter fighters would never get by on KO power alone, a heavyweight could make a nice career based solely on power. Because of this the heavyweights tend to be more about KO and less about boxing skill, the division just breeds heavy hitters, even when talking "P4P".

Comment

Not really applicable, yet.

Edwin Valero... if he can get past his shady medical history and continue fighting he has an impressive historical career going.

14-0 with every single fight coming by way of 1st round KO. This has to be some kind of record.

Comment

With too many crooks behind the scene, I don't think we can really be sure about those knock outs. Specially, in the past where crime syndicates ruled the boxing world. I just saw a documentary on Joe Louis where racism was highlighted. No way we can debate about the past.
            Maybe, we should reverse the question. As to who withstood the most punishment without being knock out!

Comment

I agree with all of these hard hitters, but I want to emphasize on these monster hitters:
              1. Nigel Benn
              2. Hitman Hearns
              3. The Beast Mugabi
              4. Big George Foreman
              5. Archie Moore
              7. Iron Mike Tyson
              6. Pacman Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by pierresean
                I agree with all of these hard hitters, but I want to emphasize on these monster hitters:
                1. Nigel Benn
                2. Hitman Hearns
                3. The Beast Mugabi
                4. Big George Foreman
                5. Archie Moore
                7. Iron Mike Tyson
                6. Pacman Pacquiao
                Archie Moore is one hell of a puncher. Saw a re-run in his fight with Ali last night, his punches were like bricks being thrown at you !

Comment

Probably Julian Jackson or Nigel Benn...

Comment

Historically PFP it has to be Sam Langford. KO'd guys from welterweight to huge Heavyweights, almost always was the smaller man.

Comment

Yeah, Langford is definitely worth mentioning.

Comment

Working...
                      X