No announcement yet.

Did The Government Give Ali Parkinsons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did The Government Give Ali Parkinsons

After He Was Reinstated And Even Thought He Was In His Prime.. It Looked To Me He Was Slowy Detieriorating...ali He Had A Style Somewhat Like Toney's And Should Have Been Able To Fight A Long Long Time..

Layoffs can hurt your ability. Yeah he went on to have a great career but it hurt him. Who knows what he could have done. What killed him was the "Thrilla in Manila" he was never the same after that.

Comment

Originally posted by bengidaro View Post
      Layoffs can hurt your ability. Yeah he went on to have a great career but it hurt him. Who knows what he could have done. What killed him was the "Thrilla in Manila" he was never the same after that.
      If both of the fighters would have retired after that, I don't think anybody would have complained.

Comment

I wouldn't have. Both had stellar careers. Seeing Ali in his last fights was like watching Louis in his last fights-sad as ****.

Comment

Originally posted by realheavyhands View Post
          After He Was Reinstated And Even Thought He Was In His Prime.. It Looked To Me He Was Slowy Detieriorating...ali He Had A Style Somewhat Like Toney's And Should Have Been Able To Fight A Long Long Time..
          Biggest misconsepcion about Ali that he never got hit. that couldn't be the furthest from the truth. Ali got Parkinsons because he was hit and hit often. Yes he was elusive at times but he took alot of punishment from Frazier, Norton, Spinks, Foreman and alot of others. Ali had an amazing chin, one thing people don't give him alot of credit for.

Comment

Ali definitley had one of the best chins ever p4p, I don't think anyone "gave" him Parkinsons though. It's just one of those things in life, a bad card some people get dealt.

Comment

After Ali's lay off he came back alot slower defencivly but he countered for that by having a granite chin, no one took the type of punishment fight after fight Ali did
              in his prime he barely got hit, Banks and Cooper managed to drop him but he got right back up as if it recharged him
              after Ali's Exhile he came back and beat some of the best fighters in history
              those 4 years we missed of Ali most likely would have been his best
              we were robbed

Comment

I don't think that Ali regrets it though. It was for a good reason. There is always a price for making a demand from society as a whole. Ali is one of the people that helped pay the price of the Civil Rights movement. He risked the health and lives of himself and his family. It is a shame that it is mostly just boxing fans that know about his contribution to the civil rights movement. He paid for equality with some of his best years as a fighter. That might not mean much to some, but boxing fans know what a price that was.

Comment

It is hard to say how he got it since researchers are not sure what causes it exactly. However, there may be some evidence that he did get it from boxing. This is from Parkinsons.org:

"Recent research points to a link between damage to the head, neck, or upper cervical spine and Parkinson's. A 2007 study of 60 patients showed that all of them showed evidence of trauma induced upper cervical damage. Some patients remembered a specific incident, others did not. In some cases Parkinson's symptoms took decades to appear."

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                    Biggest misconsepcion about Ali that he never got hit. that couldn't be the furthest from the truth. Ali got Parkinsons because he was hit and hit often. Yes he was elusive at times but he took alot of punishment from Frazier, Norton, Spinks, Foreman and alot of others. Ali had an amazing chin, one thing people don't give him alot of credit for.
                    Originally posted by Feint View Post
                    It is hard to say how he got it since researchers are not sure what causes it exactly. However, there may be some evidence that he did get it from boxing. This is from Parkinsons.org:

"Recent research points to a link between damage to the head, neck, or upper cervical spine and Parkinson's. A 2007 study of 60 patients showed that all of them showed evidence of trauma induced upper cervical damage. Some patients remembered a specific incident, others did not. In some cases Parkinson's symptoms took decades to appear."
                    i have no doubt that all the punches ali took made his parkinson's a lot worse, the fights at the end of his career probably did the most damage - he was heavier and didn't move as much just relied on his ability to take a punch, but anyone who's seen a boxer's MRI will know what all those hard punches do the brain

Comment

Working...
                    X