Foreman- Moorer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonRingRules View Post
    ** Yeah, just the whole fight.
    I said I didn't see the fight and was just talking about the knockdown. Snappy line though...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorKillJoy View Post
      I said I didn't see the fight and was just talking about the knockdown. Snappy line though...
      i doubt any fighter who has teddy atlas in their corner would be able to get away with pulling off a dive, teddy would have killed him for it!

im sure this fights hbo legendary nights have been posted in the video trading section you should check it out mate.

from what i remember double m was bossing the whole fight and stacking up round after round,
      out jabbing and out speeding the older fighter.
      but foremans heart kept his old legs up and his fighting experience kept him swinging occasiaonal big shots looking for the ko.
      while it is without doubt moorer was putting in his most accomplished performance to date he was also getting over-confident as a fighter would who was winning in such dominant fashion.
      but with his over confidence also comes mistakes and that is where foreman got lucky.
      9 times out of ten the slow big hitter wont get a chance to get his money shot off against a faster more skilled champion but foreman did end of story.

a fighters reaction to a knockdown is always different just look at zab judah taking a cruncher to the jaw off kostya tsyzu,
      he's up at one down at three and then up again dancing like a newborn giraffe argueing with jay nady about the stoppage.
      but it was still a knock-out punch.

moorers reaction was at first of shock and then of reality as he realised he was done,
      and lets remember ten seconds is not a long time to get up and regain composure and it's sure as hell a lot shorter time when like moorer you didnt know why you are on the canvas with the ref counting you out.

by the way tho i like your avatar!!

Comment

Moorer taking a dive? What's next, Wilt Chamberlain didn't really score 100? Man never landed on the moon?

Comment

gotta point out that atlas was warnin moorer about this, saw it comin, said "hes settin u up" or somthun lime that.

Comment

In slow motion you can see the punch was a powerful one. Moorers head snaps to the side as it makes contact.

Comment

Moorer got overconfident, got caught, not the first time it happened or the last time it will.

Comment

Foreman connects you're gone
                Moorer, known for his light heavyweight chin
                Offered it on a plate
                Got ktfo End of!

Comment

"Moorer, known for his light heavyweight chin"........

23-0 at 175lbs.

57 pro fights stopped 3 times twice by KO by Foreman & Tua
                  not exactly a disgrace getting stopped by those two!

When the fight bell rings this becomes a "mental game" too.
                  He forgot who was in the ring with him and gave Foreman the opening he needed, just a mistake.
                  Moorer was a good fighter he did win over Evander in their first bout.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    "Moorer, known for his light heavyweight chin"........

23-0 at 175lbs.

57 pro fights stopped 3 times twice by KO by Foreman & Tua
                    not exactly a disgrace getting stopped by those two!

When the fight bell rings this becomes a "mental game" too.
                    He forgot who was in the ring with him and gave Foreman the opening he needed, just a mistake.
                    Moorer was a good fighter he did win over Evander in their first bout.

Ray
                    Fair comment, but as a heavyweight I never felt his chin was quite as much up to scratch as it was at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                      Fair comment, but as a heavyweight I never felt his chin was quite as much up to scratch as it was at 175.

100% true. Tua barely touched him and Moorer was sleeping.

Comment

Working...
                      X