No announcement yet.

Foreman- Moorer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreman- Moorer

I just saw the knockout last weekend and I have to say it looked like a dive to me. The punch was more like a flick of a wrist and moore didn't look hurt at all when he fell. He also didn't look hurt when he lifted his head up for a second and looked around before putting it back down. He did that at normal speed with no wobble and his eyes looked clear. Also, aside from the quick head lift he didn't seem to make any effort to move at all.

I didn't see the rest of the fight, so maybe he took a lot of shots before then... This could possibly explain the weak punch putting him down, but it doesn't explain the rest of it...

Foreman was stumbling around the ring barely able to keep his hands up by the end of the fight... to me it looked like Moorer could see foreman was too exhausted to throw a good punch anymore so he took a dive on the next shot that touched him.

Did I miss something there?

Originally posted by DoctorKillJoy View Post
    I just saw the knockout last weekend and I have to say it looked like a dive to me. The punch was more like a flick of a wrist and moore didn't look hurt at all when he fell. He also didn't look hurt when he lifted his head up for a second and looked around before putting it back down. He did that at normal speed with no wobble and his eyes looked clear. Also, aside from the quick head lift he didn't seem to make any effort to move at all.

I didn't see the rest of the fight, so maybe he took a lot of shots before then... This could possibly explain the weak punch putting him down, but it doesn't explain the rest of it...

Foreman was stumbling around the ring barely able to keep his hands up by the end of the fight... to me it looked like Moorer could see foreman was too exhausted to throw a good punch anymore so he took a dive on the next shot that touched him.

those sort of shots are the most deceptively powerful. coupled with moorers weak chin and the accuracy of the punch which was right on the jaw Moorer was out and you can see the blood filling up behind his lips.
    Foreman was heavy handed and never really turned his weight into the shots so a from the shoulder punch from him was very powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
      those sort of shots are the most deceptively powerful. coupled with moorers weak chin and the accuracy of the punch which was right on the jaw Moorer was out and you can see the blood filling up behind his lips.
      Foreman was heavy handed and never really turned his weight into the shots so a from the shoulder punch from him was very powerful.
      I saw the blood but that was just a bloody lip. What about the head lift? He was supposedly out cold and then lifted his head in a quick smooth motion, set it down gently and then was out cold again?

Comment

As I recall he almost sat down on the initial punch... He didn't fall straight back on the shot or crumple where he stood... he kind of fell backward a second later.

Comment

I saw the blood but that was just a bloody lip. What about the head lift? He was supposedly out cold and then lifted his head in a quick smooth motion, set it down gently and then was out cold again?
          people roll over and try to stand when they are on the brink of unconsciousness. And Moorer had concussion after the fight which means KO.

Comment

First of all you have to ask yourself, "why would a champion take a dive in a fight he was dominating when he had a rematch with Holyfield on the table for 8 figures?" I highly doubt he would.

Second of all his lip was split in half by the shot, and he had to get several stiches, so the shot was definitaly a hard one. He also didnt see it coming and it landed square on his chin. Looks can be decieving but that shot was a knockout blow for sure.

Comment

I didn't know about the concussion. Also thats a good point on the payday. Although maybe he didn't like his chances against Holyfield and he could have been offered a big payoff for the dive. I'll conceed that you guys are probably right though... it just looked suspect to me.

Comment

I didn't know about the concussion. Also thats a good point on the payday. Although maybe he didn't like his chances against Holyfield and he could have been offered a big payoff for the dive. I'll conceed that you guys are probably right though... it just looked suspect to me.
                well there are too many diving theories in boxing really. Moorer would make more money by winning and choosing his defenses rather than taking a dive.

Comment

** Yeah, just the whole fight.

Comment

moorer did most of the offense during the whole fight, and was confident enough to stand in front of foreman cause he thought foreman couldnt hurt him, big mistake. Its a legit ko, just not a real spectacular one.

Comment

Working...
                    X