Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Joe Gans as the Greatest Lightweight of All Times???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    Crazy Ex-girlfriend strikes again.
    Poor Rusty, having to resort to attacking the person because he knows he has been caught, yet again, in hypocracy and BS.

Yes thats what you get for not offering me cab fare the next morning.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      He absolutely won fair and square, just like Billy Fox beat LaMotta fair and square. That doesn't mean he was the better fighter or Gans was really trying, does it?
      Well, there's nothing irregular about either man's performance; not based on the footage, not based on their records. Gans and McGovern both behaved as normal. Gans had lost to lesser men. McGovern had beaten at least one better man.

The argument made for a fix wouldn't hold up in court. Hell, you'd be lucky for it to even suffice opening a case.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Poor Rusty, having to resort to attacking the person because he knows he has been caught, yet again, in hypocracy and BS.

Yes thats what you get for not offering me cab fare the next morning.
        Says the Creeper who initiated this exchange with an insult.

Grandiose claims were made. I simply asked for supporting evidence.

If you believe i've made unsubstantiated claims I'd be thrilled to provide evidence (proving you wrong is my cheap thrill), simply cite the instance.

Comment

Most believe this bout was fixed to this very day. Talk of a fix was written about right after the bout occurred.

Gans is still considered top three ATG at lightweight with B Leonard and Duran vying for the other two slots.

Comment

He fought the old spider monkey style with lots of clinching and rassling. Terrible to watch. He is one of the premier spider monkeys of all time.

Comment

No “spider monkey” here:

Gans casually defends himself and counters beautifully for the ko win.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXjqO_lo4ak

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                Says the Creeper who initiated this exchange with an insult.

Grandiose claims were made. I simply asked for supporting evidence.

If you believe i've made unsubstantiated claims I'd be thrilled to provide evidence (proving you wrong is my cheap thrill), simply cite the instance.
                Ill do you one better: ON ANY of your extraordinary claims... Cite one source that can support your point of view. And you calling someone grandiose? Come on man... You can't be serious. But ok fine... lets remember that extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary proof... and having one, or two such claims is charming... But when most of the claims are of this sort? Your probably wrong.

You used to be a teacher... I would imagine you were probably a good teacher... I mean Im only going on profiling but there is nothing better for students than someone who challenges their ideas, who engages them... And without scaring them away makes them think... But think for a moment how you would treat a student who told you something like.... "Grant was a military Genius and Lee was an overrated washout." And when someone raised an eyebrow they were told, "your just dumb and parroting what others say." and furthermore, no proof... just a statement.

How would that go down in your class? Dude I am trying...

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                  Most believe this bout was fixed to this very day. Talk of a fix was written about right after the bout occurred.

Gans is still considered top three ATG at lightweight with B Leonard and Duran vying for the other two slots.
                  Oh, you took a poll!?

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
                    No “spider monkey” here:

Gans casually defends himself and counters beautifully for the ko win.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DXjqO_lo4ak
                    Too bad it never worked against anyone good.

McGovern, McFadden, Erne, Langford... so long as they were healthy and fit they won.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      I'm not claiming it as fact, only what I believe. I've read many accounts of this fight and have seen it many times. It is what it is. The article I posted was from 1914, many years later. No reason keep calling it a fix if it wasn't. But that is just my opinion.
                      - -Fixes abound to this very day sorta like rigged elections.

On paper Joe wins, but he don't in real life.

C'est la vie...

Comment

Working...
                      X