No announcement yet.

Donovan "Razor" Ruddock: Unluckiest HW contender

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donovan "Razor" Ruddock: Unluckiest HW contender

His name: Razor Ruddock, A feared HW in the early 90s, 3rd.best behind Holyfield and Tyson, he was supposed to face Tyson late in 89' but the fight was called off, Douglas stepped in and scored the greatest upset in Heavyweight history, Ruddock did fought Tyson in 91' and went 19 hard rounds in 2 fights including a broken jaw, he could automatically wait for his turn to get a title shot yet he participate in an elimination bout and took on Lennox Lewis to show his willingness to take on the best, one could think how some undeserving challengers got a break after like Dokes (whom Razor already KO'd) Ferguson, Phil Jackson (another Ruddock victim) and the likes of Seldon, Hipp and Vaughn Bean (who even had 2 chances), just when an already past his best Ruddock will finally get a chance to fight for the HW belt (WBO title vs Vitali klitschko in 2000) he pulled out and in comes Chris Byrd who made Vitali quit! How unlucky Ruddock is, he would have beaten most of them, like schultz, Bruno and even John Ruiz, He's the best Heavyweight who never got a chance to fight for the title.

He was pretty decent for a heavyweight.

Comment

I heard a story about Razor vs Tyson {can't remember where} but it said that at that time Ruddock was thought of as the crazer of the two at the time.They said that Tyson's people didn't want the fight because they thought that Ruddock was unstable lol. Anyway that fight was one where both men truly hated each other and actually fought with that passion in the ring . I can't say it enough these were two of the best fights {yet very underated by fans} I have ever seen, bar none .

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA View Post
        I heard a story about Razor vs Tyson {can't remember where} but it said that at that time Ruddock was thought of as the crazer of the two at the time.They said that Tyson's people didn't want the fight because they thought that Ruddock was unstable lol. Anyway that fight was one where both men truly hated each other and actually fought with that passion in the ring . I can't say it enough these were two of the best fights {yet very underated by fans} I have ever seen, bar none .
        I wouldn't go as far as saying that they are two of the best fights i've ever seen, but they were certainly excellent fights, and are constantly referred to, when discussing the Ruddock - Lewis fight, as fights that had 'softened' Ruddock up by the time he fought Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Franko View Post
          I wouldn't go as far as saying that they are two of the best fights i've ever seen, but they were certainly excellent fights, and are constantly referred to, when discussing the Ruddock - Lewis fight, as fights that had 'softened' Ruddock up by the time he fought Lewis.
          One of the greatest slug fest I should have said .

Comment

Fun fun fights to watch, exactly the type of opponents you need matched against one another to get a true #1 contender.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REAL NINJA View Post
              One of the greatest slug fest I should have said .
              Great fights i agree, i watch them all the time!

Comment

I have never seen these fights. Does anyone know how I can get them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=razor+ruddock

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                    U can buy his FULL career for about £20- $38, I'll give u the hook up if u want
                    This guy duz any fight u want for 50pence, u can make ur own complimation dvds, its who i get most of my **** from

Comment

Working...
                    X