Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight that took a lot out of fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight that took a lot out of fighters?

Thereare obvious ones like Ali vs Frazier etc, but, are there any others?
    Hagler vs Mugabi. Mugabi a MW killing machine, unbeaten, all KO's, fights Hagler and get's KTFO by Terry Norris.

Any others?

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Thereare obvious ones like Ali vs Frazier etc, but, are there any others?
    Hagler vs Mugabi. Mugabi a MW killing machine, unbeaten, all KO's, fights Hagler and get's KTFO by Terry Norris.

Any others?
    Jose Luis Lopez vs James Page. Jose Luis Castillo vs Diego Corrales. Rafael Marquez vs Israel Vasquez. Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales. Robert Quiroga vs Akeem Anifiwoshe

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
      Jose Luis Lopez vs James Page. Jose Luis Castillo vs Diego Corrales. Rafael Marquez vs Israel Vasquez. Marco Antonio Barrera vs Erik Morales. Robert Quiroga vs Akeem Anifiwoshe
      One of my favourite fights, Page was excellent, he was going to fight Trinidad but I dont remember why they never met in the ring in the end.

Comment

Ali vs Shavers: For Ali
        Joe Louis vs Charles/Walcott: For Louis
        George Foreman vs Ali: For Foreman
        Marciano vs Walcott I: For Walcott
        Demspey vs Tunney I: For Dempsey

Comment

Felix Trinidad absolutely ruined Vargas and Reid. Niether were ever the same again.
          Last edited by JAB5239; 12-25-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Chavez completely ruined Taylor and you could say that the Leonard fight took a lot of Duran. Not physically, but it sated his thirst to win a little bit. He was never quite as fierce or determined, although it broke through in a few fights (Barkley springs to mind).

Comment

Originally posted by rubensonnny View Post
              One of my favourite fights, Page was excellent, he was going to fight Trinidad but I dont remember why they never met in the ring in the end.
              Page really was great in the Lopez fight. Too bad his personal life and subsequently his conditioning went down the toilet. He looked pathetic when losing to Six Heads Lewis.

Comment

Holyfield may have taken a lot out of Bowe in their three fights. I don't think motivation was the main problem I think I heard that Bowe started having coordination problems.

Comment

Ali-Foreman
                  Lyle-ledoux
                  cooney-norton

Comment

Originally posted by young_robbed View Post
                    cooney-norton
                    Norton was done by the time the Cooney fight came. I'd say the Holmes fight was his last great hooraa and the one that sapped him of anything he had left. Jmo.

Comment

Working...
                    X