Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After Pacquiao's victory against Margarito Where do you rank him on the ATG List?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Pacquiao's victory against Margarito Where do you rank him on the ATG List?

There are some people who are already putting Pac on the top 5, and some as the GOAT, don't agree it, but respect their opinions. So i am doing a poll that gives multiple choices.
    Top 5
    23.08%
    Top 10
    19.23%
    Top 15
    7.69%
    Top 20
    15.38%
    Top 25
    11.54%
    Between 26-50
    23.08%

The poll is expired.

Beating Margacheato did nothing for his resume.

He's still in the same place... in the 30's. Why would he move up when he beat a weight drained, shot, past prime, B-level fighter with no defense, not a top five WW or SW, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Poochiao View Post
      Beating Margacheato did nothing for his resume.

He's still in the same place... in the 30's. Why would he move up when he beat a weight drained, shot, past prime, B-level fighter with no defense, not a top five WW or SW, etc.
      I am not taking sides on the issue just giving people a voice to vote. You can vote on the 26-50 option. I am hoping Pac fights the winner of Martinez-PW next.

I agree Margs is technically bad, but he did come in at 165 and kept fighting until the end, i don't think weight was an issue, he was simply not good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
        I am not taking sides on the issue just giving people a voice to vote. You can vote on the 26-50 option. I am hoping Pac fights the winner of Martinez-PW next.

I agree Margs is technically bad, but he did come in at 165 and kept fighting until the end, i don't think weight was an issue, he was simply not good enough.
        He can move up to the top 15-20 if he beats Floyd, Martinez, and Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Poochiao View Post
          He can move up to the top 15-20 if he beats Floyd, Martinez, and Williams.
          as well as Vitali Wlad, Hopkins, Ward, Abraham, Froch, Haye, Adamek, Chagaev, Huck, Povetkin, Cunningham, Green, Pascal, Dawson, Cloud, Bute & Dirrell.

Comment

Has to beat Floyd.

Comment

he's top 30 for me but not because of cheato.his work ethic in this day and age is admirable

Comment

Interesting, i was on the train this morning reading the daily news, and long time boxing writer Bill Gallo is already comparing him to SRR, Pep, and Armstrong. I have just barely top 15. But if loses to may than he will stay around 20.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                  There are some people who are already putting Pac on the top 5, and some as the GOAT, don't agree it, but respect their opinions. So i am doing a poll that gives multiple choices.
                  top 5, who the **** has done as much as him? you could say no.1 but im not going for for respect to the old greats.

but his resume is ****ing stacked. Top notch fighters and the fact that he dominates almost all of them, and keeps moving up. Beating up a guy almost 20 lbs heavier than him.

The only small argument is that he's only fought 2 fighters that were legit prime (barrera (arguable) and Marquez. Others were close prime or had been beat before.

Hardly anyone has a lot of prime fighters on thier list though, Ali does however.

If Pac beats May his resume has to be the best of all time in terms of quality. He basically wiped out one of the best featherweight/sfw divisions ever and that was only the beginning.

Comment

interesting link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMTveGUw4vI

Comment

Working...
                    X