No announcement yet.

Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training

Ive been wanting to take up boxing for a while but nowhere near teaches boxing. I am 17 in a few months and willhopefully be able to dribe so then i can join a boxing gym further away. Atm I go to the local gym and just started a 'boxercise' class there twice a week. Its prety basic but has helped a little.

So what can i do atm to improve things like stance , technice and speed? I do get a bot of help from the trainer who is quite good but no where near pro standards and as most of the other people are midleaged and overweight i feel like im not going as hard as i should and he dosnt have much 'tutoring time'. Cant spar either (dont know if that will change as time goes on). So anyone got any ideas on what i can do by myself to improve. Thanks

get a bus..

Comment

Originally posted by Righthandbanger View Post
      get a bus..
      Cant afford it. Thats £3 a time + a 20min journey each way. Add that to the £40 gym membership and its just not possible

Comment

Bicycle/walk/jog

..and why does the boxing gym have a membership?

Comment

the place is about 11 miles away so i dont really want to walk that far. and they charge because people pay. but anyway anything i can do at home to practice? thanks

Comment

at home
            shadow boxing
            jump rope
            push ups, pull ups, sit ups, burpees, dips,

Comment

You may as well stick with the boxercise there is nothing you should be doing without having been taught by a coach first.. other than perhaps some plyometrics to help your power generation before you get to start

Comment

Originally posted by Righthandbanger View Post
                You may as well stick with the boxercise there is nothing you should be doing without having been taught by a coach first.. other than perhaps some plyometrics to help your power generation before you get to start
                That's good advice, but to the kid if you want to improve on your stance when you shadow box try to do it in a mirror if you can so you can watch yourself and make sure youre keeping your form, and if youre not sure about the proper stance go to youtube and watch Title boxing instructionals or **** like that, theyll have dudes showin how to stand and **** properly... Lots of other videos to watch to on there about alotta **** youll need to know for boxing!

Comment

Thanks guys. Will start doing polymetrics. Anyonw know where there are good
                  quaility boxing videos i can watch to see how the pros do it? Most i can find are such bad quality you cant see whats going on

Comment

seeing as i have a gym membership what should i work on? i know speed and being able to last a round are important but strength must be a large part as well. what should i focus on? legs back and arms? thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X