Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what was this special CHECK HOOK that Floyd KOed Hatton with ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what was this special CHECK HOOK that Floyd KOed Hatton with ?

Beautiful punch. Great timing, accuracy and sufficient power. Looked like a normal counter left hook to me. What did Floyd mean with the 'Check Hook' thing ?

chin check?

Comment

Originally posted by Juniorvt View Post
      chin check?
      Basically that

Comment

never heard of a "chin checker"... i mean n!ggas in the street...we use to say that all the time.. hit a ***** wit a good shot to see wha he has...

im guessin he jus took chin off and put hook behind.

if thas not it then i never heard of it.

Comment

yeah i say that with my *****s too.

haha.

Nah - its not that special a shot. Floyd just is quick with his feet and Hatton charges head first with his guard down.

Floyd just hooked Hatton and Hatton fell with both the power of the punch and his charging forward momentum.

Wanna see a master of fooling an opponent and allowing him to crumble under his own weight? - see Naz Hamed.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyb View Post
            yeah i say that with my *****s too.

haha.

Nah - its not that special a shot. Floyd just is quick with his feet and Hatton charges head first with his guard down.

Floyd just hooked Hatton and Hatton fell with both the power of the punch and his charging forward momentum.

Wanna see a master of fooling an opponent and allowing him to crumble under his own weight? - see Naz Hamed.
            Yo punk

did you enjoy the fight?

Comment

boxing insiders must call that a "check hook" cause even emanuel steward mentioned it before the post fight interview took place.

im thinkin its to "check" your opponent and let him know not to come running in all wild. putting him in "check".

Comment

its a punch in between your opponents punch..floyd got oscar with it in the 5th round when he was against the ropes..oscar would throw a hook and floyd would get in between it with a counter right hand..gotta have great timin to get it down..i use to use it all the time when i sparred the littler kids at my gym haha

Comment

You guys didnt know what a check hook was!!!?? hahahaha you ****in losers, learn your **** boys come on!

Comment

its just a counter-hook where you spin off your opponent after throwing the punch (as floyd did, countered the right hand and stepped off to the left)

Comment

Working...
                    X