Spanish super welterweight Kerman Lejarraga (29-2) is now official challenger for the vacant EU 154 lb title. Co-challenger is his compatriot Isaac Real (20-3-1). The EBU have set January 8 as deadline for purse offers/agreements.
Lejarraga made his debut at super welterweight on Nov 30 with a first round knockout over Anderson Clayton. Earlier this year he lost twice to David Avanesyan at welter just ahead of his expected US debut.
German super middleweight and former world champ Juergen Braehmer (51-3) has pulled out of the fight against Emre Cukur (14-0) that was set for February 8 in Goeppingen. Braehmer takes on Juergen Doberstein (25-3-1) on December 21 in Hamburg and was according to German media never happy with the date for the EBU fight.
Also on the December 21 bill in Hamburg 21 - billed as German edition and promoted by star chef Michael Wollenberg and Petko´s Box Promotion - is a fight between lightweights Howik Bebraham (15-1) and Marco Antonio Juarez Rodriguez (10-5-3) in what is billed as a "WBC eliminator". And it is, it´s an eliminator and the winner gets a shot at the WBC International title.
Former WBC female super welterweight champ Mikaela Lauren made a comeback of sorts last night in Gothenburg (Sweden) and outscored Paty Ramirez. This was depending on how one counts the second comeback fight by the 43-year old Lauren.
There are a couple of big fights out there and one of them might be against the holder of the WBC interim title Patricia Berghult in what would be an all-Swedish showdown. Then there´s of course also Claressa Shields, who will need opponents during 2020 and the top in female boxing is rather thin.
Danish Q Boxing Promotion headed by Svend Rasmussen announced its retirement last night with press release. All contracted fighters are released from their contracts and that includes super middleweight Patrick Nielsen.
As to why the closure Q claims it comes after "months of harassment" after some emails have been sent out to possible sponsors and fight venues.
In a press release Q writes as follows: "The content of these e-mails has been accusations that are not true. Furthermore, we have indications that the information of these mails have been given from an internal source."
While the harassment has been reported to the police, the promoter's team has decided to put an end to the boxing stable.
"Thomas Møllenberg was ready to take over. However, this week we have received several e-mails why Thomas has decided not to take over," Svend Rasmussen says.
The promoter team has decided that enough is enough.
And Thomas Møllenberg is sad to see QProBoxing closing.
"It has been a pleasure working with Svend Rasmussen and the team we put together. I’m sure we were heading for a great future," Møllenberg says.
" But I’ve also seen the e-mails we have received and it has been grotesquely to see what has been written and it has led to my decision not to take over at QProBoxing.
The closure of QProBoxing also means that all boxers are free to find a new promoter.
"We had a dream of bringing Danish boxing back to its heydays. Unfortunately, someone doesn’t want us to be a part of the sport," Svend Rasmussen says.