Last month, Dillian Whyte produced a chilling, 11th-round stoppage of Chisora at The O2 Arena in London.
It was stated that Whyte would now be a frontrunner to face IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, who is slated to return on April 13th at Wembley Stadium.
Joshua told Whyte after last month’s fight that he will defend against him next if he cannot tempt WBC champion Deontay Wilder to abandon plans to fight Tyson Fury in a rematch, but there regardless remains the possibility of him fighting in America for the first time and his promoter Eddie Hearn said he is only “80 percent” certain to honour the date at Wembley.
Hearn said: “Joshua wants the undisputed fight (with Wilder) but he also wants to fight Dillian Whyte. We haven’t got long (to make Joshua’s next fight). The priority is he wants to fight Wilder, but I don’t believe that will happen. If it’s an April 13 date at Wembley you’ll need it on sale at the end of January. He’s 80 per cent likely to fight at Wembley on April 13.
Whyte is not convinced the rematch with Joshua will actually take place.
But if it does go down, Whyte feels confident that he would knock Joshua out in the rematch.
When they met in December 2015, Whyte rocked Joshua early but then faded and was stopped in the seventh round.
"It's a good fight, a good champion. I believe this time around I'll knock him out, because I'll take the fight to him. Last time I sat back and waited, I was trying to box, and trying to wait for him to get tired," Joshua said to Sky Sports.
"This time I'll take the fight to him and I know I've just got to hit him once. I proved that already on two separate occasions, and this time I'm in better shape, physically I'm stronger. More boxing IQ, better speed, everything."