Australia's Daniel Geale has declared he's not even close to considering retirement despite being bitterly disappointed over his brutal knockout loss to WBC middleweight champion Miguel Cotto in New York.
Geale was dropped twice by the Puerto Rican power-puncher in Brooklyn on Saturday night, before enduring a barrage of body blows and head shots.
The lopsided contest was the 34-year-old's third straight loss in the US and mirrored last July's knockout defeat at the hands of Kazakhstan's Gennady Golovkin.
He admitted he'd been caught off guard by Cotto.
"I had my plans in place, but things don't always go to plan," Geale told Sky Sports radio on Wednesday.
"I'm disappointed with how things went, but it's not the end of the world and I'll definitely be back."
Geale rubbished any suggestions he may have boxed on too long.
"I'm only 34, (so) that's not really something that I'm thinking about too much at this stage," he siad.
"I just want to spend a bit of time with my family, just try and relax and recover a little bit and see where it takes me.
"We just got off the plane yesterday.
"We'll just take a few days, just recover and relax.
"There's still fights in Australia. I'm at the stage where I'm not ready to hang up the gloves quite yet, but we'll see where we're at."
Geale conceded that dropping more weight for the Cotto bout than previous fights had not served him well.
There was some pre-fight concern the Tasmanian might have had difficulty making the catch weight, which favoured the smaller and stockier Cotto.
"I came down a fair bit further than I had done previously in other fights," Geale said.
"At the time I was trying to convince myself that I felt good. It's hard to say whether it did that much but I still didn't win the fight though.
"I've been able to maintain a bit of weight for a long time, and I guess coming down that extra little bit - especially later in my career as well - it doesn't help in any way."