Earlier this week, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum revealed to the Las Vegas Review Journal that he's trying to line up Manny Pacquiao's return to the same April event which is going feature Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) challenging Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) for the WBO welterweight title.
The two working dates, Arum told BoxingScene.com on Wednesday, are April 21 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and April 14 at New York's Madison Square Garden.
Pacquiao has been out of the ring since July of last year, when he traveled over to Brisbane, Australia and lost a twelve round unanimous decision to Horn.
If Pacquiao is joined on as part of the same event as Crawford-Horn - Arum says the event would become an ESPN Pay-Per-View card.
And if Pacquiao moves to his own date, then Crawford-Horn would be televised on regular ESPN.
While Arum is not revealing the exact plan of action regarding which fight would headline the event - he makes it clear that Pacquiao is not an undercard fighter.
"Pacquiao don't fight on undercards. The ESPN guys know how to market and present events and they know how this will be handled," Arum said to ESPN.
"It won't be an undercard. It will be something very unique and when we do it, it will be appealing to everybody involved. [Crawford-Horn] is virtually done. It's not signed yet, but we hope it will be in the next week."
Among the items that Arum would have to work out is finding an opponent for Pacquiao and then finalizing the financial terms.
Arum wants to sit down with Pacquiao sooner than later and says the Filipino star is asking for a good opponent to prove that he's still a top fighter.
"[Pacquiao wants] a decent fight so he can demonstrate that he still has the ability to fight at the top level, and then we can do a big fight for him at the end of the year," Arum said. "I may have to get on a plane and go to the Philippines. Maybe this weekend."