Andy Ruiz will not allow himself to get treated like the B-side in the ongoing negotiations for the rematch with Anthony Joshua.

On Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City, Ruiz pulled off a massive upset when he stopped Joshua in the seventh round to capture the WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO world heavyweight titles.

On Tuesday, Joshua officially activated his immediate rematch clause.

So far there has been a lot of talk from Joshua and his handlers, regarding where and when the contest will take place.

At the moment, Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn is looking to stage the fight in the UK, on a date in November or December.

Ruiz is open to going to the UK, but he would rather have it in America or Mexico.

"I’m willing to go over there or if he’s wants to come over here… we’re still in negotiations. Have it here in America? I agree. Or in Mexico," Ruiz said.

"I have the upper advantage right now. I know that's what (Hearn) says (about UK rematch). As long as I talk to Al Haymon and my team, we're going to figure it out where. It really doesn't matter where, as long as we get back in the ring if we show the fans what they want to see. I'd love to have it [in New York] or in LA. I have to look at the contract. I'm the champion. I call the shots now. So we're going to see what happens."

Haymon guides the career of Ruiz and also guides the WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder. If Ruiz wins the rematch, he then could collide with Wilder in a full division unification.