Former champion and Olympic gold medal winner Alexander Povetkin likes the idea of a heavyweight showdown with top contender Dillian Whyte.
There are conflicting takes on a verbal agreement to face each other last year. Povetkin claims that he never head back from Whyte and his team, while the British contender claims Povetkin went in another direction.
"Whyte is a good, famous boxer, No 1 in the WBC. That would be an interesting fight," Povetkin told World of Boxing. "We agreed to this fight a long time ago, but there was no answer from their side, as far as I know. [If] they will give the answer that the battle will be [happening] - I will go against him, why not?"
Povetkin has been out of the ring since getting knocked out by Anthony Joshua last fall.
And Whyte has inactive since knocking out Dereck Chisora in their rematch last December.
Whyte is slated to return on July 13 in the UK, and the pickings are pretty slim for the British boxer.
WBC champion Deontay Wilder will defend against mandatory challenger Dominic Breazeale on May 18, Joshua defends the IBF, WBA, IBO and WBO belts against Jarrell Miller on June 1, Oleksandr Usyk debuts in the heavyweight division against Carlos Takam on May 25, and Tyson Fury will make his Las Vegas debut against Tom Schwarz on June 15.
Whyte is also awaiting clarification for a mandatory shot at the Wilder-Breazeale winner.
"Plans are in place for his July fight already, but we are also keen to know that we get what we requested from the WBC," Hearn said last week to Sky Sports.
"He wants to have a proper fight, even if he's mandatory for the winner of Wilder-Breazeale. He wants to have a proper fight and that's Dillian Whyte all over. The names we are looking at are all good fights and like I said, once we get that ruling, we will be pulling the trigger and making that announcement."