Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Drederick_Tatum
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,000,007,799.37
Default Joe Rogaine: Rousey would have advantage over Mayweather

Taken from mixedmartialarts.com -

In a radio interview early last month, Ronda Rousey was asked how she would fair in a fight with boxing legend Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Rousey was playful in her response, but confident she could win if the fight made it to the ground.

Today, UFC commentator Joe Rogan joined ESPN's SportsNation and was posed the same question, and his response was in favor of Rousey:

"It is all about how much time Floyd has to prepare, because he will really have to work on his takedown defence. That would be the big thing. If Ronda got a clinch on him, it is not just about worrying about being taken down to the ground; it is worrying about knees to the body. It is worrying about her manipulating his body in ways that he doesn't understand."

"It is too hard to avoid the clinch. If you watch a Floyd Mayweather fight, they very rarely end in a one-punch knockout. He has brittle hands. His hands break. You are talking about small gloves where hands are going to break even easier. She keeps her chin tucked, hands high and gets ahold of you. There is going to be a lot of things she is doing that he doesn't understand."

There have also been claims by Rousey's trainer that she regularly drops WBC Champions with body shots.

What do you think?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Queef Genius

Rep Power: 11 Queef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond reputeQueef Genius has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,266,927,474,536.33
Total Points: 9,266,927,644,282.04

Why are all the threads here closed???

Anyways, not the proper thread, but just wanted to say I never watched MMA, but watched it last night. Well the last 3 fights.

I love Meisha Tate. Not sure why. Would never pay to watch her fight, but still.

That one dude in the main event was a joke. Slowest hands I have ever seen in my life. If im not mistaken his striking was suppose to be his strong point?

Oh ya, and UFC on Fox puts of some seriously pitiful numbers. I wonder if Fox will ever cancel.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Los Zetas
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Los Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond reputeLos Zetas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1.21
Total Points: 27,842,461,360.20
another sh*t poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA My brother from another mother - Alx. I don't like eating cake alone Here's a piece - jose830 let's drink to that cunt! - led* cheers to my fellow cunt - HUGH JASS 
For your contribution to my thread - Weltschmerz In recognition of a good deed! 1/13/14 =] - Tyler_Durden I appreciate that :fing02: - -jose- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - lparm 

If she stood there, he would easily tee off on her and get her by KO within seconds. She doesn't roll shots and is very open...

He has much faster feet than her so I don't even think she could grab him.

However anything on the ground and she destroys him. She would put him down easily with her judo, but don't under estimate his speed.
Old 04-20-2014, 10:50 PM
phallus
the lizard of ahs

Rep Power: 204 phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,491,453,202.61
Total Points: 224,491,476,910.19
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

rousey would have an advantage over any heterosexual male she grappled with, he'd be distracted by her ass and tits and thinking about f*cking her while she'd be breaking his elbow with her armbar. i'd at least try to bite her ass before she submitted me
Old 04-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Ivansmamma
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Ivansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond reputeIvansmamma has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,000,180,746.36
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Breakbeat 

no woman can beat a worldclass male athlete.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 122 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,319,640,787,330.00
Total Points: 14,319,640,977,969.59
Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes 
please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis 
One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 
happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Rogan is 100% right even though most don't want to admit that. I have seen videos of her where she is throwing around trained MMA fighters, men that weight over 200lbs. She is tossing them around like nothing.

People forget, she is a world class Judo champion. It's not about strength, it's about leverage and technique. She grabs a 150lb Mayweather and he's going flying through the air.

He also isn't a trained grappler, how can he defend the arm bar? Of course she would have to get close to him and runs the risk of getting knocked out, but it's hard for a boxer to knock out a grappler if they aren't coming at him in a traditional line of attack.

She said she would literally crawl to him to avoid getting hit.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:51 PM
toooooool
Banned

Rep Power: 0 toooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these partstoooooool is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 69,375.05
Default Look man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drederick_Tatum View Post
Taken from mixedmartialarts.com -

In a radio interview early last month, Ronda Rousey was asked how she would fair in a fight with boxing legend Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Rousey was playful in her response, but confident she could win if the fight made it to the ground.

Today, UFC commentator Joe Rogan joined ESPN's SportsNation and was posed the same question, and his response was in favor of Rousey:

"It is all about how much time Floyd has to prepare, because he will really have to work on his takedown defence. That would be the big thing. If Ronda got a clinch on him, it is not just about worrying about being taken down to the ground; it is worrying about knees to the body. It is worrying about her manipulating his body in ways that he doesn't understand."

"It is too hard to avoid the clinch. If you watch a Floyd Mayweather fight, they very rarely end in a one-punch knockout. He has brittle hands. His hands break. You are talking about small gloves where hands are going to break even easier. She keeps her chin tucked, hands high and gets ahold of you. There is going to be a lot of things she is doing that he doesn't understand."

There have also been claims by Rousey's trainer that she regularly drops WBC Champions with body shots.

What do you think?

First of all,is that what UFC is turning into?..It must resort to talking about
girls vs men from other sports?....Secondly,you must always be aware of the
HUSTLE...of course UFC people are going to say Mayweather would lose to
a girl....why?...Well most people are too stupid to figure it out..It's designed
to embarrass Floyd into a UFC fight so the UFC CAN CAPITALIZE ON FLOYD'S
NAME!!!...Well Floyd is too smart to fall for it!!
Old 04-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,179,327.27
Total Points: 120,119,292,061.31
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

She usually throws around male MMA fighters because they're just grappling, not throwing punches at her from the videos I've seen. And if they are, I doubt they'd be throwing as hard as they can in a sparring session.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:00 PM
way2strong
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 way2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond reputeway2strong has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 104,502,234,585,204.34

he beats her azz on the ground and knocks her out in a head up .. the guy has been training for 30+ years .. Hopkins handled that greco roman f4ggot shum easily in the grapple ... it would be like a tickling match
Old 04-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 122 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,319,640,787,330.00
Total Points: 14,319,640,977,969.59
Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes 
please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis 
One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 
happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toooooool View Post
First of all,is that what UFC is turning into?..It must resort to talking about
girls vs men from other sports?....Secondly,you must always be aware of the
HUSTLE...of course UFC people are going to say Mayweather would lose to
a girl....why?...Well most people are too stupid to figure it out..It's designed
to embarrass Floyd into a UFC fight so the UFC CAN CAPITALIZE ON FLOYD'S
NAME!!!...Well Floyd is too smart to fall for it!!
It wasn't the UFC that brought it up, it was Max Kellerman interviewing Joe Rogan I believe. The question was asked and he answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
She usually throws around male MMA fighters because they're just grappling, not throwing punches at her from the videos I've seen. And if they are, I doubt they'd be throwing as hard as they can in a sparring session.
It doesn't matter, in an MMA fight she wouldn't just stand there allowing Floyd to tee off on her. Of course he would have a chance to knock her out if he hit her, but there's no way she's standing there with him.

She was interviewed and said she would literally crawl to him...lol No joke.

If she grabs him, it's over. She will throw him around like a rag doll, she does this to fully grown me that are TRAINED in the sport. Floyd would have no chance whatsoever.