No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Corley: I Want to Finish My Legacy at Lightweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Corley: I Want to Finish My Legacy at Lightweight

He held a world title at junior welterweight from 2001 to 2003, continued to challenge for belts in that weight class for years to come, and has competed at or around 140 for nearly his entire career — but no longer, he says.

Now DeMarcus “Chop Chop” Corley wants to go to lightweight, win a world title in that division and then finish his career.

Corley essentially was a lightweight in his last bout, when, according to BoxRec.com, he weighed in at 135.25 pounds for his bout with Viktor Postol for something called the World Boxing Council International Silver light welterweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Chop-Chop is a great guy. I hope he captures the 135 title and then retires. Sometimes nice guys don't always finish last.

Comment

There is Boners next opponent sorted.

Comment

Man I can't believe chop chop is still going at it, he's a nice guy, hard working family man, dudes got something like 11 kids? Half of them are his own and the others are his brothers dad died and he takes care of now I think...all he's got is boxing I really wish him the best and I hope he finds success somewhere else after he retires, he deserves it. For a guy with 20 losses he's really not a bad fighter, I mean he's been past his prime for a long time now and he's still given a lot of young guys more than they can handle and he's gotten so many diff ppl ready for their fights its insane...good luck Corley, hope u stay healthy

Comment

I'd love to see Corley get a title at Ligthweight

He's a good fighter, better than his record would suggest.

Comment

Hopefully he wins a title at 135 and retires on a good note.

Comment

He's good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                Chop-Chop is a great guy. I hope he captures the 135 title and then retires.
                i can get behind this sentiment. Chop has served the sport very well.

Comment

Hope it all goes well for him. I remember watching him fighting Cotto Mayweather Juduh Witter bailey etc.... Hope he does well at lightweight. Think its a good weight to be at... Apart from Burns and Vasquez, he has a good chance of becoming a champ again. Of course Broner has moved up as well.

Comment

Man, I said for him to do this way back in the day. Right after the Cotto fight he shouldve done it. He wouldve owned 135 and was small enough to get down there. Its too late now. Saw him at the Broner fight though. Still a cool dude

Comment

Working...
                    X