Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Fernando Vargas vs Canelo Alvarez @154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vargas in a decent scrap

Comment

lol Canelo is like 0-50 in fantasy fights

Comment

gotta be vargas right? seriously, that kid was a beast at times, so ferocious, so busy, Canelo takes too long to let his hands go, liked the idea of staying back and gets tired too quickly. Vargas takes his body and soul

Comment

My boy Fernando Vargas all day. Different league in my opinion.

Comment

Vargas nostalgia is nice. He was exciting and passionate, however I don't know if I'd say he was in a different league. His chin was always a problem, his desire to shoot out got him in trouble.

While I think Canelo could match his power and exceed him in speed, Vargas COULD switch to a decent boxing mode to hold up in the fight.

I think the biggest factor would be heart. We've seen everything Vargas has throughout his career. He's been tested. Won some, lost some. We've yet to see Canelo truly have to rely on heart, grit, etc. Mayweather frustrated him and Canelo learned some things. However he hasn't been truly bombarded the way Vargas has.

It feels so 50/50 for me. Vargas has the heart, power and ability to turn it around. Canelo has the speed and power to exploit Vargas' chin. We just have to see more from Canelo when he's truly hurting.

Comment

EL Feroz by ferocious rape!

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantT316 View Post
                Vargas nostalgia is nice. He was exciting and passionate, however I don't know if I'd say he was in a different league. His chin was always a problem, his desire to shoot out got him in trouble.

While I think Canelo could match his power and exceed him in speed, Vargas COULD switch to a decent boxing mode to hold up in the fight.

I think the biggest factor would be heart. We've seen everything Vargas has throughout his career. He's been tested. Won some, lost some. We've yet to see Canelo truly have to rely on heart, grit, etc. Mayweather frustrated him and Canelo learned some things. However he hasn't been truly bombarded the way Vargas has.

It feels so 50/50 for me. Vargas has the heart, power and ability to turn it around. Canelo has the speed and power to exploit Vargas' chin. We just have to see more from Canelo when he's truly hurting.
                Vargas chin was only abused by Trinidad, one of the deadliest puncher to ever lace the gloves and De La Hoya, a masterful boxer who had a deadly left hook too, even at 154 (I consider that Vargas was done for the Mosley fights).
                Canelo has never faced punchers of that caliber, and never will at 154. And who did he knock out ?

Comment

Wow, that would be a textbook knockout for Canelo. Vargas would be looking up at the lighting in the venue. Can you imagine Vargas lookin up at the Brooklyn Nets propaganda hanging from the top of the arena, trying to piece together what it really is? That would be amazing.

Comment

Prime Vargas ain't a more than past "prime" (if there was ever one) Baldomir

Comment

Originally posted by KO MX View Post
                      lol Canelo is like 0-50 in fantasy fights
                      If it's any consolation I'd pick Canelo to beat a Prime Mayorga

Comment

Working...
                      X