No announcement yet.

did sergio cash out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    But lets be honest, Cotto would have had no interest in fighting the same Martinez from two years earlier. Freddie Roach knew that Sergio was ready to be taken and pushed for the fight.
    Idk if he would or wouldn't have tbh. If it was the best fight available, he might have taken it.

Comment

He literally couldn't walk and was going down from bumps and shoves. Obviously he knew this and just cashed out.

I don't blame Cotto though. Martinez shamed himself by fighting when he clearly shouldn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
        How is this even a debate still?

The entire 24/7 segment was about Martinez's knee. Yet Cottotards still act like Martinez was completely healthy lmao.

Martinez cashed out and I guarantee you he never fights again. If he does its gonna be against some guy that's 17-3 with 4 KOs.
        And what about Sergio saying he would ko Cotto in 9 rds??? Promising a ko and saying there's not a human being stronger than him at the moment??? Dude talked crazy **** and got ****ed up!! **** him bro!

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
          He literally couldn't walk and was going down from bumps and shoves. Obviously he knew this and just cashed out.

I don't blame Cotto though. Martinez shamed himself by fighting when he clearly shouldn't have.
          I shouldn't even reply to this cuz u have ****ing Bieber as your Avi but you need to watch the fight over if u think Sergio wasn't going on the floor cuz of punches. Just watch the first rd. The 1st and 3rd kd's was caused by perfectly placed hooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            I shouldn't even reply to this cuz u have ****ing Bieber as your Avi but you need to watch the fight over if u think Sergio wasn't going on the floor cuz of punches. Just watch the first rd. The 1st and 3rd kd's was caused by perfectly placed hooks.
            Yeah but his knees were gone from the opening.

Comment

And what about Sergio saying he would ko Cotto in 9 rds??? Promising a ko and saying there's not a human being stronger than him at the moment??? Dude talked crazy **** and got ****ed up!! **** him bro!
              What part of selling a fight don't you understand. Who is gonna buy the fight if Sergio wasn't saying stuff like that.

And trust me im pissed at Sergio not Cotto. Cotto came and did what he had to do. Sergio was the one who signed up for a fight (and payday) when he knew damn well he shouldn't of.

He looked like absolute garbage against Murray BEFORE the knee surgeries.

No disrespect to Cotto, but calling him the Lineal Middleweight champion right now is a farce. Everybody knows it. He will never fight at 160 or against a true 160 fighter.

Comment

Wow a fighter saying he's going to win the fight he's about to fight in... That's a new twist with major implications.

I don't get why anyone would pretend Martinez was even 10% in that fight. He was a disabled person and could not move his limbs properly. A lot of guys in the crowd would have kicked his ass. There's off night, there's past it, there's way past it, and then there's literally medically disabled and shouldn't be licensed. Martinez fell under the last option.

I could see if a freak punched KO'd Cotto and everyone laughed at Cotto losing to the crippled guy and Cotto's fans stepping in and blah blah...

But Cotto won. There's no need to pretend Martinez was a live opponent. Best to just brush that very depressing fight under the carpet.

Comment

Sergio wasn't as hurt as ppl make it seem. He wasn't 100% even though he sure as hell did talk like he was. People can't deny that he got clocked though by Cotto with those hooks. The 1st and 3rd kd's were sweet hooks landed on Sergio that took him off his feet.
                  MArtinez was not 100%, those sweet hooks landed because Martinez has knee problems, and if a fighter that uses only his legs for defense, has bad knees then he LITERALLY HAS NO DEFENSE.

Yes the hooks landed, but that was not all Cotto. THis is like another Yuri Foreman win when he had the kneee problem as well, this is a case of "he did what he had to do" against a injured opppenent.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                    Yeah but his knees were gone from the opening.
                    He got rocked from the opening. It's not like he stumbled walking into the ring. After he for clocked, he was on the floor.

Comment

Cotto is a better boxer than Martinez even in his prime. However that fight didnt exactly prove that because the man was a damn cripple

Comment

Working...
                      X