No announcement yet.

Classless Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Firstly i scored the fight to Peterson, Before the fight i was shocked how some boxing fans were overlooking Peterson, Secondly i really dont see anything wrong in what he said, Boxing is an emotional charge sport, if you cant handle a boxer who spend 2 months training and felt he got jobbed in a close fight then you're just looking for excuses. Sorry
    What about outright insulting the entirety of Washington?

Comment

Originally posted by ts33 View Post
      Have you ever seen 2 points deducted for pushing? Ever?
      He should have just said that the deductions were for holding dude's head down as he was doing that at least 30 times every round.......we were tired of seeing that when we wee watching the fight because it really took away from the action. Not to mention, it made Khan look really bad and desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Glad to see Amir give Peterson his props even if he is still bitter about the ref and judges, i wonder if someone like Oscar has had a word with him in that it might be damaging to his image/future PPV Sales... Just a thought, Amir isnt a bad lad at heart and perhaps its 100% genuine. Ur justifying his comments and reaction and i agree with u in that they ARE understandable but that doesn't make them any less classless imo

Just the way i see it. He can learn from this experience and come again, get the rematch won and move on from there....
        Good post

Comment

Originally posted by SP1 View Post
          Just watch the fight again and listen to the ref talking during the fight. I didn't even have to put the volume up to constantly hear the ref telling Amir to ''fight him''. The ref was virtually clowning Amir and it was very frustrating to watch. Imagine if this ref was in charge of the Khan-Maidana fight. Maidana would have KO'd Amir in the 10th and he would have been back in England fighting bums in Manchester.

S'hit happens and Khan needs to realise that HE chose to fight in DC and HE was the one talking about putting on a great show in DC. Somebody must make a gif of Khan backing up in what has to be world record speeds because that was hysterical.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
            I believe Cotto has that world record!!! Did not you see last weekends figh Cotto VS Mrgs?? Cotto is the undisputed campion of backing up, then Khan!!

Comment

I stopped listening to his excuses when Merchant asked him, "Did you hear him give a warning before the first point deduction?" and Khan responded with, "Yes, he did give me a warning..but.."

Comment

ref decided the fight. khan had the right to complain. peterson held and pushed as much as khan

Comment

The first deduction evened out the terrible knockdown call on Peterson in the first round. Plus, nobody is mentioning the uppercut Khan landed when the ref tried to break them in the 12th. That could've been a deduction too. Khan was dirty and in survival mode most of the night.

Comment

Surgeaon you my dude, but Khan got jobbed by the referee. Taking those 2 points was BS to the fullest!!. Im sorry, but the ref ****ed up. Peterson was leading with his head, and putting it on Khans chest, the only way to get him off is to push him off, thats not a ilegal move at al!

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                      Surgeaon you my dude, but Khan got jobbed by the referee. Taking those 2 points was BS to the fullest!!. Im sorry, but the ref ****ed up. Peterson was leading with his head, and putting it on Khans chest, the only way to get him off is to push him off, thats not a ilegal move at al!
                      Well, it is.

Pushing is illegal.

Comment

Working...
                      X