No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Bradley Rematch: Advanced NSAC Testing Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    It is what it is... How many offers do you think these guys get constantly from PED suppliers? These athletes are well aware of the realities of modern sports. How are you not going to take advantage of advances in science to make sure your performance is at the highest possible level.

And if there is a sport where athletes can easily get away with it, it is boxing. Everything is corrupted in boxing, if you expose someone in this sport then you end up exposed as well because everybody has gotten their hand inside the pot.
    You are one of the cooler heads here, because at least you call a spade a spade.

I totally hear your point of view on this. Especially when you're a fighter trying to make it to an elite level so you can make lots of cash. Boxing is totally a sport where you can get away with a lot. Many of these strength and conditioning coaches make matters worse too, because in order to keep their jobs, they want to help the fighter achieve success as well. And what's the best way to do that? Drugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      Who has the better legacy, Manny or Floyd?

Last time I checked, Manny was up by 200 votes in the Manny/Floyd legacy thread. Then it got taken down.

True fans know.

P.S. Done wasting time with alts. Floyd slurper.
      Getting knocked out by 40 year olds, fighting Rios coming off of a loss moving up in weight! Fighting: Clottey, Mosley, and Margirito off of losses as well is an excellent resume.

Oh yeah getting knocked out by 2 nobodies, getting dropped by Hussain and allowed a 13 count before you got off the canvass, losing to Morales in 05, losing to Marquez in '08 and '11 and '12.

Having about 10 rematches because you can't win convincingly the first time, and winning multiple titles at catch weights.

The thing is Pac is good, and has great skill set. It is dumb ass fans like you that act like his resume has ZERO flaws and that he is the perfect angel that make people go in on Pac.

Cotto, Marquez, Hatton, etc... All have strong fan bases that really support their work. And I am one of them. But the other people from that group the not act like each of these guys are holier than thou.

Pac has the most delusional supporters I have ever come across! It's sad because Pac himself comes off as a nice guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
        Like I said, the commission has been catching cheaters. They have modern testing equipments now. Times change. Any testing entity that catches cheaters is acceptable. USADA just throws away samples. Where on earth would you find a testing agency tasked to prove innocence or guilt throws away evidence? Man, how much room do you need to store samples?
        You are incorrect all over the place.

NSAC doesn't have 'modern' testing equipment. They aren't even conducting the tests. The samples are being tested for in a lab in Utah.

Oh and do you know that VADA doesn't keep samples?

Comment

• Golovkin brings up a good point (the poster)

Have you ever thought of what he said? it could be true. I think so many of us here, all fanbases included kind of have this mindset when it comes to our favorite sport. It's like growing up, as you got a lil older you probably knew santa clause didn't exist, but kept holding onto it because you wanted to believe it so bad. same thing with boxing, everything he said is true. Boxing is corrupt, it IS a business. and the fighters at the top are worth hundreds of millions, to these companies. Alot of people including me want to believe that our fav fighter and his peers are doing the right thing.... but it is interesting. That being said, wouldn't it still end up being a LEVEL playing field if everyone at the top used the same "new and improved" drugs? interesting to think about.

Comment

• Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
            of course there are some dirty people in all sports. i can see the thing with marquez. honestly if I was a clean fighter and was fighting JMM somehow, i would be thinking of memo and imagining how strong JMM is going to be in the ring and be scared ****less lol. that being said, i still believe it's called speculation for a reason. I don't think JMM,pac, OR floyd are dirty.... call me naive if you will. haha
            I get you bro and I respect your opinion because I felt like you not too long ago... and I still kind of do. It is hard for me to picture for example Pacquiao or Triple G willingly taking steroids. There are certain guys you just can't imagine having this sort of dark side to them. But looking at it from the other perspective of looking at the world they are competing in, it's hard to think they are 100% clean of any type of performance enhancing drug.

And many people think of PEDs as if it was just this one steroid with super stamina and power but any drug that BOOSTS you performance in any way shape or form is a performance enhancer, you get what I mean? Let's say you have a bit of stamina problems, right... How about JUST taking a PED to boost your durability. It doesn't look like that big of a cheat really but... it is still a performance enhancement. Hopefully you get what I mean... it doesn't make them evil to try and boost a part of their game but you know they are still taking something that's not allowed.

Some I believe do take heavy PEDs. I believe some not only want to boost flaws BUT ALSO overpower their strengths (which might be power, stamina, durability etc).

And like you said, add the human side to it of going into a ring with someone who you are damn sure is on heavy juice. The least you would do is look into it and that world to see what type of stuff these guys are probably on, and that's when you get drawn into it.

Comment

Golovkin brings up a good point (the poster)

Have you ever thought of what he said? it could be true. I think so many of us here, all fanbases included kind of have this mindset when it comes to our favorite sport. It's like growing up, as you got a lil older you probably knew santa clause didn't exist, but kept holding onto it because you wanted to believe it so bad. same thing with boxing, everything he said is true. Boxing is corrupt, it IS a business. and the fighters at the top are worth hundreds of millions, to these companies. Alot of people including me want to believe that our fav fighter and his peers are doing the right thing.... but it is interesting. That being said, wouldn't it still end up being a LEVEL playing field if everyone at the top used the same "new and improved" drugs? interesting to think about.
              Yes, he brings up a great point.

But if everyone at the top were using new and improved drugs, someone will eventually get killed in the ring. We already nearly witness this happen with Pacquaio vs. Marquez 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
                Do you remember (don't know if you been following boxing that long) when FMJ announced he was coming back after 2 year layoff, Vegas still had him as the favorite 2-1 to beat PAC?
                Well then, he automaticity wins then. Vegas has never, ever been wrong.

Comment

Golovkin brings up a good point (the poster)

Santa doesnt exist!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    Yes, he brings up a great point.

But if everyone at the top were using new and improved drugs, someone will eventually get killed in the ring. We already nearly witness this happen with Pacquaio vs. Marquez 4.
                    people have got killed in the ring before, and yes i know that was just a subtle jab at the pacman... i get it haha.

but yeah, NEVER thought of it like u put it). how bizarre would it be, as time goes on obviously advancment in medicine and drugs would get more and more powerful. like say 20 years from now, it would be deadly to imagine two literal superhumans in the ring duking it out. unless there were some kind of thing one day that helped you absorb damage. but it still fck u up all kinds because it's just unnatural for the human body to take that kind of hypothetical huge punishment. all the people pushing for boxing to get banned would finally have a say, as then surely it would be just like human ****fighting, with these dudes fighting to the death.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      Santa doesnt exist!!!!

but but

Comment

Working...
                      X