Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Korobov: Golovkin Better Matchmaker Than Fighter; All Propaganda

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
    So Ward vs. Kovalev didn't happen? Lomachenko didn't just embarrass Walters? Crawford didn't beat the #2 JWW? And I can go on but you get the point. Lmao it's so easy for Golovkin fans to ignore the rest of the boxing world eh? Those fighters had movement this year. Golovkin has had NONE.
    So Canelo didn't relinquish his title and say he wanted to fight GGG Sept next year, instead of this year? And Danny Jacobs didn't announce that he wouldn't be ready for Golovkin this year either?

Comment

Can someone tweet Dougie Fischer and ask if Korobov is a member of the demographic?

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
        So Ward vs. Kovalev didn't happen? Lomachenko didn't just embarrass Walters? Crawford didn't beat the #2 JWW? And I can go on but you get the point. Lmao it's so easy for Golovkin fans to ignore the rest of the boxing world eh? Those fighters had movement this year. Golovkin has had NONE.
        I was really confused by his statement. I'm glad you mentioned it. Boxing hasn't been nearly as bad as people are making it seem. There have been good fights made. People just tend to have tunnel vision on a few fighters...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          Didn't BJS duck Curtis Stevens?
          Everyone is kinda rattled about the prospect of fighting Curtis the guy is legitimate too bad boxing has became a game of blame the guy who wants to fight the best over not blaming the talented boxers who want to protect their 0.
          Idk if I'd say BJS ducked Stevens, Rosado, or Monroe. I think he pulled out of the Alvarez card because it was the front end of their deal for a possible December fight and he didn't want to commit to that deal. BJS/Warren knew they're in position to squeeze out alot more from Canelo than what they were being offered. The December fight wasn't even going to be a ppv card, so big money loss on BJS part.

Honestly don't know why people would be scared of Stevens. He gets outboxed everytime he steps up. Jessie Brinkley, Tureano Johnson, N'Dam all boxed his ears off. Derrick Findley arguably beat him. I think Curtis is custom made for BJS to be honest. Korobov should be able to easily outbox Stevens as long as he doesn't get careless like he did vs Lee.

Comment

ggg would get absolutely no props for destroying this guy..would be just another "bum" on the resume. . for ggg at this point its danny jacobs or move up to 168, canelo is not coming up no time soon. he can't afford to keep wasting years at 160, it's already established he's the best there, go chase challenges elsewhere.

Comment

Gennady would wreck him.

Comment

“Triple-G is a very good matchmaker. He fights guys smaller than him and with not equal skills. You can’t replace amateur experience. I am the only one who can match him in this regard. I was 315 wins and 15 losses as an amateur, and 27-1 as a pro. Triple-G understands there’s a big difference between fighting someone like me and fighting guys like David Lemieux or Dominic Wade. I can match his skill level.

“Besides, Gennady is not the same. He is slowing down and I see the mistakes he makes. I will exploit these flaws. Hopefully, I will get the chance if he doesn’t fight Jacobs. They say no one wants to fight Triple-G, but this is just big propaganda. I am one of the few people rated in the WBC [No. 14 at middleweight], IBF [No. 15 at middleweight] and WBO [No. 9 at super middleweight], and there are not too many opponents for Golovkin to choose from.”
                I like this guy...

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Would be nice but they are close friends and share a trainer. In fact, Rozier's monopoly on middleweight contenders right now is kind of annoying as it presumably blocks them all from facing each other. I think he has Jacobs, Khytrov, Derevyanchenko, Khurtsidze and Stevens. They must get some good sparring though
                  Curtis Stevens left Roizer (his uncle) for JDJ and said this summer he was willing to fight Jacobs. I'd love a Stevens/Khurtsidze fight = high power slug fest. I think Roizer would step away and let Gary Stark handle the corner duty.

We're still waiting to see if the IBF mandates Derevyanchenko vs Tureano Johnson. I thought it was cool when Derevyanchenko & Khytrov both helped David Lemieux get ready for the Golovkin fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    So Canelo didn't relinquish his title and say he wanted to fight GGG Sept next year, instead of this year? And Danny Jacobs didn't announce that he wouldn't be ready for Golovkin this year either?
                    Ok. Your point being? I'm not talking about excuses as to why Golovkin didn't do anything this year. But he didn't do anything this year. Not my fault. You want a hug?

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                      Korobov needs to do something to earn a shot, beating bums does not show your back, another bum looking a payday
                      He's just following the Triple Duck business model...

Comment

Working...
                      X