No announcement yet.

Oner: "Solis vs. Wilder - the winner gets Klitschko!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oner: "Solis vs. Wilder - the winner gets Klitschko!"

Promoter of former title contender Odlanier Solis, Ahmet Oner, has said that he would like to organize a fight against the 27-year-old American heavyweight contender Deontay Wilder.

"I do not want to take anything from the Wilder - 29 wins and 29 knockouts, of course, speak for themselves. But I do not see Wilder as the next great HW. At least, until he gets in the ring against a real opponent. I suggest Wilder meet Olympic champion and former contender for the title of world champion Odlanier Solis. Wilder may be the best heavyweight in the U.S., but he is certainly not the best in America. Solis is the best heavyweight - comes from Latin America and is one of the best fighters in the world. I do not think that Wilder and his team will fight with Solis, but I'm sure Showtime will gladly want to organize such a match. I did business with Golden Boy in the past. I have no problem with them. Richard, let's do it. Wilder vs. Solis - the power of the United States against the Latin American power. The winner gets Klitschko! ".
    Interesting match-up. Solis wrecks him, IMO.

This would be a good matchup... I don't know what to think of solis anymore. It actually looked like he could take a nap in between rounds his last fight. he was so relaxed he looked bored. Then BAM he turned it on & it was over. What solis would show up?

Comment

Wilder cant find Solis, too slick that fatty boy.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        This would be a good matchup... I don't know what to think of solis anymore. It actually looked like he could take a nap in between rounds his last fight. he was so relaxed he looked bored. Then BAM he turned it on & it was over. What solis would show up?

It was bizarre. He stocks power, that's for sure.

Maybe he needs a 'big' fight?

Comment

Wilder isn't going to fight someone like Solis, it's the no risk until a big pay day route for him.

Comment

tbh I've no idea what to make of solis, sometimes he is a fat out of shape bum, sometimes he is pretty decent. But imo he doesn't have the heart or desire to be consistently top level

Comment

Solis's latest victim:

He looked disinterested for most of the fight, then BAM.

Comment

Solis is too big of a jump in class for Wilder at the moment.

Comment

Solis schools and brutally ko's this hype job bum wilder

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    Solis's latest victim:

He looked disinterested for most of the fight, then BAM.
                    The showboating and talking must have got to him. Solis has the skills he needs someone to motivate him to get in to good shape.

Comment

Working...
                    X