Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people talk about Kell Brook like he's an established force?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StillHereBro View Post
    So let me get this straight....Brook is half black/half white, talks trash, is not a face first brawler and is British and the population of NSB don't like him..........noooooooo

He's ****ing class, the fact you try to suggest Khan is better and has earned more than him by fighting at 140 for years not even being the top dog and beating two journeymen in Collazo and Alexander shows your love for Khan and your obvious agenda.

Khan is not elite and never will be, Brook has a chance against Pac and MAy not Khan.
    I respectfully disagree with your boxing assessment of Khan. I would like to see Khan-Brook get made. Khan is not consistent in his reason for a major class btwn them to get signed. The bad blood is there, & they had a "heated" interview on BoxNation. It would be a good fight syle wise. To say its easy either way is foolish.

Comment

Excellent fighter.

His resume needs more building, but that's going to come. He has all the tools; terrific jab, timing, skills, power, size, speed....it's all there.

I've said this about Brook for years and it's as clear as ever. I think he'll stop Khan without much difficulty, I think he'd beat Bradley, Marquez, Thurman....yeah, excellent fighter.

Comment

He's a champion by beating a top Welterweight so obviously he's a top guy at welterweight or amongst them.

Comment

I don't see people talking like that its more hes okay, he only has one good win, he took x years to win a world title.

He is a very good fighter and will beat anybody outside of Floyd at welterweight.
          Overrated Bradley, he'd U.D that ass all day. He probably knock Marquez out. He'd batter One Time and Khan on the same night.

I think a lot of fighters at welterweight actually have zero wins worth much. Soto Karass, Broner, Paulie - Are they supposed to be great welterweights or something? High end journeyman/gatekeepers/fringe top 10/15 at 140 fighters.

If these guys are good wins then Porter must be a great win.

Brook is a very good fighter and will have a lot of success at welterweight providing his injury hasn't hampered him.
          I think he is levels above most of these supposed world class welters. I don't think he even showed his best vs Porter, he looked to me like he didn't even have to get out of second gear.

Comment

He is a good fighter, very technical and accurate.

Not sure if he'd be able to handle Khan's speed and explosiveness tho.

Mind you Khan is not Porter, Khan won't bullrush all night towards him only to get countered to death by right hand.

Kell has to seriously 'HURT' Khan to beat him, he can forget about having a chance of winning on cards.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
              I don't buy that for one second. Khan is what he is and the reason he's changed his fighting style is because he himself and Virgil Hunter know that he has a weakness and they have worked on protecting it. Notice now every time Amir gets close to his opponent and looks like he could get caught Virgil sounds like he's having a heart attack in the corner.

Khan knows his weakness but doesn't like to admit it, which who would? I like Khan aswell but Kell has the beating of him for sure and has the better boxing brain.
              The fight will actually be a tactical chessmatch type of fight. Kell used to have a better boxing brain than Khan but now I think they're even. Khan has improved his ring IQ under Hunter. As far as power - it might be pretty even too. Khan is obviously faster but Brook is possibly more accurate.

If Khan doesn't get caught with some game-changing bombs there's no reason he doesn't comfortably outpoint Brook. To me it's a 50-50 fight. If Khan remains disciplined he can win it clearly on the cards, but if Brook lands some clean bombs that could change the fight, cause Khan to get reckless, over-aggressive and maybe KOd.

But Hunter has given Khan perfect advice to face a great adversary such as Brook - knock downs and being stunned in fights happens but it's about the decisions you make when that happens - do you try to get your own back, or do you try to recover. I think Khan knows what to do now in those situations.

Anyway, great match up, can't wait to see it down the line. Brook and Hearn better stop talking **** though because they will kill the fight off - just like Witter killed the Hatton fight off when he badmouthed Hatton. Would hate to see that happen, just like hated it when Hatton didn't fight Witter - but there's a risk of the fight being buried due to Team Brooks b*tch talk. Put a plug in it guys.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                I don't see people talking like that its more hes okay, he only has one good win, he took x years to win a world title.

He is a very good fighter and will beat anybody outside of Floyd at welterweight.
                Overrated Bradley, he'd U.D that ass all day. He probably knock Marquez out. He'd batter One Time and Khan on the same night.

I think a lot of fighters at welterweight actually have zero wins worth much. Soto Karass, Broner, Paulie - Are they supposed to be great welterweights or something? High end journeyman/gatekeepers/fringe top 10/15 at 140 fighters.

If these guys are good wins then Porter must be a great win.

Brook is a very good fighter and will have a lot of success at welterweight providing his injury hasn't hampered him.
                I think he is levels above most of these supposed world class welters. I don't think he even showed his best vs Porter, he looked to me like he didn't even have to get out of second gear.
                This is pretty much how I see it. Superb post Dan.

Have to spread some rep around before I can green K this.

Oh and this idea that Brook can only win by stoppage is nonsense. He will stop him, but he can outbox him too. Khan is faster, but Brook is more skilled and his timing is spot on.
                Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 12-29-2014, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Obviously it's way too early to talk about greatness, but what I've seen of Brook is promising. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the ring with another top welterweight and hopefully sometime soon. Hopefully against Khan, I think Brook beats his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    The fight will actually be a tactical chessmatch type of fight. Kell used to have a better boxing brain than Khan but now I think they're even. Khan has improved his ring IQ under Hunter. As far as power - it might be pretty even too. Khan is obviously faster but Brook is possibly more accurate.

If Khan doesn't get caught with some game-changing bombs there's no reason he doesn't comfortably outpoint Brook. To me it's a 50-50 fight. If Khan remains disciplined he can win it clearly on the cards, but if Brook lands some clean bombs that could change the fight, cause Khan to get reckless, over-aggressive and maybe KOd.

But Hunter has given Khan perfect advice to face a great adversary such as Brook - knock downs and being stunned in fights happens but it's about the decisions you make when that happens - do you try to get your own back, or do you try to recover. I think Khan knows what to do now in those situations.

Anyway, great match up, can't wait to see it down the line. Brook and Hearn better stop talking **** though because they will kill the fight off - just like Witter killed the Hatton fight off when he badmouthed Hatton. Would hate to see that happen, just like hated it when Hatton didn't fight Witter - but there's a risk of the fight being buried due to Team Brooks b*tch talk. Put a plug in it guys.
                    Yeah either way it will be a great fight and one that I'll be at. But I think it's Hearn banging on about the fight too much not Kell, he hasn't really mentioned it. I know Kell and Amir exchanged a few words on twitter last week which Amir started but that's about it. Hearn's mentioning the fight about as much as Amir is the mayweather fight ahaha.

Comment

DAM! WHY IS EVERYTHING SO BLACK AND WHITE IN HERE ?

Brook is a good fighter, and an undefeated World Champ, but his resume is very thin.

Its impossible to say how good he is or could be right now.

Most picked Porter to destroy him and he won easily so now lets see what happens.

Hopefully he takes good fights and if he loses so be it, it doesnt make him a bum or hypejob but no doubt thats what he'll cop.

better to skim your way around and be an atg around here.

Comment

Working...
                      X