Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So IF Kirkland is in great shape, trained by Ann Wolfe, and gives Canelo....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    If he gets another SD12, i'm giving up.

Another either-way fight like Trout/Lara then i dunno what to make of him. Him as one of the best fighters will totally be media/fan-made. Having the wins on paper alone just isn't enough in my eyes. He hasn't shown to be any better than Lara

I hope he demolishes or clearly beats Kirkland so he has at least one decisive win in the Caneloweight divison

Enough of the 155lb thing already. Either move up to Middleweight or stay at 154
    ^^^^^^^^^^

This

Comment

Of course

Kirkland with Wolfe is a beast

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
        ...a tough fight that goes 12 rounds but canelo gets the decision, will you give canelo credit for that win? I know a lot of people are saying that's a big layoff, he's going to look bad, etc but let's say he does very well despite the layoff, are you giving Canelo credit for the win. I think the fight itself is going to be explosive so I can't wait either way. Thoughts?
        The only reason this fight is happening is because Cotto would not sign the contract!! I am a Cotto fan, but if Pacquiao/Floyd somehow happens, Cotto is gonna end up lookin real bad!!!!

I hope Canelo doesn't treat this as a let down fight and not be as motivated

Comment

Not really I fully expect a stoppage win here and look immaculate and I am also not under the impression that he is suddenly ten times the fighter he is without Anne Wolfe.
          Could of sworn she was training him when Molina boxed the roidheads ears off.

Comment

Canelo does not take easy fights, james kirkland is no walk in the park, he's as tough as they come. Kirkland is like a pitbull, he won't stop attacking you until you take him out. This style is perfect for Canelo, he likes to counterpunch and does it well with power. James will have his moments but Canelo eventually stops him, this isn't going more than 6 rounds.

Comment

The biggest factor in this fight is Kirkland's ability to fight three minutes of each round and Canelo's inability to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
                ...a tough fight that goes 12 rounds but canelo gets the decision, will you give canelo credit for that win? I know a lot of people are saying that's a big layoff, he's going to look bad, etc but let's say he does very well despite the layoff, are you giving Canelo credit for the win. I think the fight itself is going to be explosive so I can't wait either way. Thoughts?
                Kirkland is a dangerous opponent for anyone at 154 to 160 except GGG

Comment

Originally posted by 5burowz View Post
                  The biggest factor in this fight is Kirkland's ability to fight three minutes of each round and Canelo's inability to do that.
                  Yeah but Kirkland is open to be hit all day. Canelo is a good counter puncher and Kirkland likes to chase so he won't even have to move out around and expand energy too much while he's counter punching.

I fully expect Canelo to look good. This is the kind of fight he wants.

Comment

I just hope Kirkland trains with Wolfe. When he trains with Wolfe he fights like a possessed man.

If Kirkland's chin can hold up to Canelo's decent accurate shots, then I think he can put Canelo through a tough fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout15 View Post
                      Canelo does not take easy fights, james kirkland is no walk in the park, he's as tough as they come. Kirkland is like a pitbull, he won't stop attacking you until you take him out. This style is perfect for Canelo, he likes to counterpunch and does it well with power. James will have his moments but Canelo eventually stops him, this isn't going more than 6 rounds.
                      Well, honestly, I don't think Canelo would of been matched with Kirkland unless they felt he could win and win impressively.

Kirkland brings an awesome fan friendly style that is Mexican style to the heart and when better to showcase that than on Cinco de Mayo weekend?

Unfortunately, I think he is open too much to get hit and Canelo is a head of Kirkland technically enough to be able to setup his shots and pick them when he sees fit. I just don't think Kirkland will let Canelo ever rest should he require to do so.

Comment

Working...
                      X