No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva lost to Michael Bisping

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Silva lost to Michael Bisping

I watched this fight 12 hours ago, I'm surprised no one made a thread yet. I guess people are too busy sucking off Conor and ****ting on Ronda still.

It was a close, fun fight as both guys had big moments, but Silva landed a knee at the end of round 3 that dropped Bisping hard and he thought the fight was over lol. Bisping was clearly still hurt at the start of the 4th, I have no idea why Silva didn't jump on him.

Bisping pushed the action and controlled the majority of the fight, but he also took a lot more damage, his face wouldn't stop bleeding. The fight really came down to how you scored the 4th round. Bisping recovered and controlled that round, but you can make an argument that Silva stole that round with some hard punches he landed at the end that clearly hurt and damaged Bisping.

Silva looked old and rusty early, but he showed flashes of his younger self. His days on top are over, if Bisping had more pop, he would have knocked Silva out in the 2nd. I do think Silva can still give us a few more good fights though before he retires, he looked pretty sharp as the fight went on, but his reflexes have clearly slowed down.

I felt like Silva gave the fight away by being hesitant and clowning around too much, but I'm happy for Bisping to win in his backyard. This is a guy who always came close to a title shot, but always lost before getting the chance. The shots he took and the way he hung in there in the final round showed the kind of heart he had.

I honestly wouldn't mind a rematch.
    Last edited by Willy Wanker; 02-28-2016, 07:01 AM.

Strange fight, very entertaining too. I think the latter is what Silva was more interested in, there were so many moments that he didn't capitalize on. Or maybe he still has some kind of champion syndrome where he thought that he couldn't possibly lose a decision. Either way, he showed he can still beat b-level guys but I don't want to see him against the likes of Rockhold now. He has declined in every single way as a fighter(except maybe TDD) even the toughness of his skin which was legendary. I say rematch Bisping, win and retire.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
      Strange fight, very entertaining too. I think the latter is what Silva was more interested in, there were so many moments that he didn't capitalize on. Or maybe he still has some kind of champion syndrome where he thought that he couldn't possibly lose a decision. Either way, he showed he can still beat b-level guys but I don't want to see him against the likes of Rockhold now. He has declined in every single way as a fighter(except maybe TDD) even the toughness of his skin which was legendary. I say rematch Bisping, win and retire.
      I agree. All the top guys like Rockhold, Jacare, and Weidman (again) would beat Silva now. He got hit with punches that he would have avoided when he was younger. He's really past his prime, but he's not completely shot yet. He lost some rounds, but he tore up Bisping's face and he had more than one occasion where he could have finished Bisping, but he let him back into the fight.

Silva could beat some lower ranked contenders, but what's the point? He's regarded as the greatest of all time by a lot of fans. I say one or two more fights and retire. I would love a Bisping rematch.

Comment

We're on the same page man. I suspect the reason for him letting up at crucial moments is because he really believes that he can still finish fights later when he chooses to like he would do in his prime, but he can't do it that way anymore. He doesn't seem to realise his decline (the look of shock on his face as he was falling down from the punch landed by Bisping shows it, funny stuff) or maybe doesn't want to.

Comment

So...

What I saw from Silva across 5 minutes, was what people accuse Floyd Mayweather of: running. THAT is running. When you do nothing but circle your opponent for 2 minutes straight there's something wrong. That part where he just stood there hands down against the fence, yes it was entertaining, but come on. That was going to lose him rounds at his age.

Yes, I know. Silva's a showman. But still. And he was indeed taking punches. They just weren't doing much.

Second, Herb Dean screwed the pooch on that jumping knee. The fight should have been stopped. That was an absolute terrible call.

Third, while I did feel Bisping was way more active, way more aggressive, way more serious about the fight, a UD is a joke. There's just no way.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Second, Herb Dean screwed the pooch on that jumping knee. The fight should have been stopped. That was an absolute terrible call.
            Well the round was over right after the knee, and Bisping was able to recover enough during the time off to continue fighting in the next round. Anderson should have got the nod at the end but I don't think the fight should've been stopped, and the one who screwed up really was Bisping for not protecting himself at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              So...

Third, while I did feel Bisping was way more active, way more aggressive, way more serious about the fight, a UD is a joke. There's just no way.
              I just rewatched the end of the 3rd round right now. It wasn't really anyone's fault, I blame it mostly on timing. A split second after Silva landed that knee, the bell rang. Bisping was really stunned, but still coherent and talking to Dean. Can't blame Dean for letting fight go on. This was a classic case of a fighter getting saved by the bell.

As far as the decision, each round is scored individually. Anderson did a lot more damage and hypothetically, if there was a 6th round you know Silva would have more than likely won that one or finished Bisping for good. But fights aren't scored based on damage (like Pride) or who was more fresh and healthy at the end. Going into the 5th round, I had Bisping winning 3 rounds. So I can't go back and change my score for the 4th round to give the win to Silva.

I had it 48-47 for Bisping, but Silva winning or even a draw would have been acceptable. I might have to rewatch the fight, but I think that last round could have been 10-8 for Silva, which would resulted in a draw.

Comment

wow, slipped right through andersons hands. just one hammer fist after that knee and it would've been over.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  I just rewatched the end of the 3rd round right now. It wasn't really anyone's fault, I blame it mostly on timing. A split second after Silva landed that knee, the bell rang. Bisping was really stunned, but still coherent and talking to Dean. Can't blame Dean for letting fight go on. This was a classic case of a fighter getting saved by the bell.

As far as the decision, each round is scored individually. Anderson did a lot more damage and hypothetically, if there was a 6th round you know Silva would have more than likely won that one or finished Bisping for good. But fights aren't scored based on damage (like Pride) or who was more fresh and healthy at the end. Going into the 5th round, I had Bisping winning 3 rounds. So I can't go back and change my score for the 4th round to give the win to Silva.

I had it 48-47 for Bisping, but Silva winning or even a draw would have been acceptable. I might have to rewatch the fight, but I think that last round could have been 10-8 for Silva, which would resulted in a draw.
                  Which is roughly my score, but again, I feel 100% the fight should have been stopped after that knee. If there's no "saved by the bell" clause then that's fine, but he took that shot square. That could have caused some serious damage.

Silva's also to blame for not going for the KO in the next round. He had one job.

Comment

Ive been watching MMA for more than 10 years, n idk why but Spider Silva has hardly ever been on my watchlist

Seems like this match was good, ill take a look at it

Comment

Working...
                    X