Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm turning in my scorecard after watching the replay of May-pac for the 1st time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
    I had it 9-3 for Floyd watching it live. I gave Pacquiao rounds 4, 6, and 7. I was texting my brother during the fight while we scored it and I distinctly remember a couple of occasions stating that I was going to give Floyd the round, even though he was highly inactive. Case in point, for example, was the 10th round. I gave it to Floyd watching it live but when I went back and watched it there is a very long stretch of inactivity from Floyd while Pacquiao is chasing. I get that you don't get to score if you don't land punches, but if neither fighter is landing, you have to score it for the busier fighter.

The two judges that scored the fight 116-112 gave Pacquiao rounds 4,6, 9, and 10.

I personally can't see 9, but that's just me.

As I stated in another topic, most people have Floyd winning, and outcry from Pacquiao fans is meek at best. It was Floyd winning, and he got it done convincingly. I celebrated as much as the next Floyd fan when I saw it live. However, it's not like this was one of his best performances ever, or a clinic for that matter.

Mayweather-Baldomir, Mayweather-Corrales, and Mayweather-Mosley after round 2 was a clinic. Winky Wright-Tito Trinidad, Pacquiao-Clottey, and Mosley-Margarito was a clinic...okay, that last one was technically a beatdown of epic proportions but you get the picture.

I'm happy that Floyd won, yet surprised to see the aftermath of the fight and the hypocrisy swirling all around. You got haters saying that Floyd lost the fight (deluded), you got praisers saying it was a "masterful performance" (bit of a stretch), and then you got celebrities saying "this is boxing. the art of hitting and not getting hit", yet they probably don't have a clue as to who Paulie Malignaggi, Ivan Calderon, or Guillermo Rigondeaux are.

I'm done, fellas. ¡Viva Puerto Rico and viva Mexico!

*Drops mic*
    Pretty damn impressive post. Props.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
      Both men won two clear rounds

Floyd: 1 and 11

Manny: 4 and 6.

All the rest of the rounds were close and came down to if you preferred Floyd quantity or Pac's quality. Obviously some prefer the amateur style of boxing and pick quantity.

I had it 6 to 6.
      This post here.
      All but 4 rounds were close. At face value, you'd think Mayweather won. If you watch it more closely, it as a very close fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Pretty damn impressive post. Props.
        I have agree with you on that post. It was right and would be easy to exaggerate Mayweather's win to the level of a total shut out. It wasn't. Pacquiao had his moments and everyone, including Mayweather knew that was possible. What the shocker was, was that Mayweather made it a fight like any of his other rudimentary fights... against MANNY PACQUIAO.

First, this was the guy he was running scared from.... for 5 years. It was a fight he didn't want, a fight he was forced into and a fight that had him shook.

Second, we had the hype coming out of Pacquiao's team. How he had the perfect ingredients to beat the "coward". He had speed, fearsome power, relentless action. Was faster and a southpaw with crazy angles which would negate the famous shoulder roll. If a slowpoke like Maidana could get to Mayweather, what would Pacquiao do to him, remember? Roach had so much to say, so many plans for whatever Mayweather might do, and was so sure of what Mayweather couldn't do anymore (no legs, remember?).

Fans of Pacquiao were so certain that even if Mayweather won, he would have to bleed, he would have to suffer or climb off the canvas at some point. It just didn't happen.

Mayweather came out and made Pacquiao aware of the dangers of wreckless aggression in round one and it set the tone for the fight. Mayweather imposed his fight on Pacquiao rather than the other way around. Pacquiao was reduced to trying to box the boxer like so many before him and he just couldn't change it (and neither could Roach for all his boasting). The fact that Mayweather barely had to make an adjustment was profound. Pacquiao was had to follow Mayweather around when he moved and was tentative when Mayweather stood his ground, even when he dropped his hands. Ironically, Pacquiao's successes came from when Mayweather initiated, counter beautifully with hard shots. But it was few and far between Mayweather's cruise control boxing (boring for fans but effective on this ATG fighter). I said it before, Hatton made Mayweather fight. Cotto made Mayweather fight. Maidana made Mayweather fight. Pacquiao couldn't make Mayweather fight.

The fact that we have threads with desperate fans struggling to give Pacquiao rounds says it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by sceneboxing View Post
          Balls and adrenaline. I don't doubt Pac's injury is real and he just fought through it. He shouldn't blame the loss on the injury though, just makes him look sour and he would have got a lot of respect if he just accepted defeat and healed up afterwards without bringing too much attention to it.

Hope they throw this on HBOgo soon so I can rewatch it. I was too drunk and angry watching it live last week.
          Sir, no disrespect but having a torn rotator since 2004 in my throwing arm, no way in hell did he hurt it or cause more damage. Sorry but he doesnt even acknowledge it once....not in the corner, shaking his arm out in ring, nada....its complete bs. Bob said he tore it back 08'-09'.....guess what he has fought 12 times since then and guess what that tear never heals.

If I needed a excuse or out 2mrow for whatever reason, I could go to Docs get a MRI and guess what, just like in 04 he will tell me its torn and surgery can repair it. All people have to do is ask anyone who has this injury how it feels....they will all call BS that Manny did anything during this fight. Old injury he used for a out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
            How you had it 7-5 Mayweather is beyond me.. Manny was clearly the aggressor and scored ATLEAST 8 rounds for him, corrupt vegas judges.
            "Determination should not be mistaken for aggressiveness when one boxer continuously moves forward boring in on the opponent regardless of the number of punches being received. If an attack is not effective, the boxer cannot receive credit for it. In order for the boxer to be effective in their aggressiveness, he or she must force the action and set the tempo of the bout through forward movement. The boxer must score punches while blocking and avoiding the opponents counter punching. An aggressive boxer who continues boring in and getting hit from every angle should not be awarded points based on aggressiveness."

http://www.abcboxing.com/documents/a...on_program.htm

Comment

• I had it 116-112 live and as I rewatched the fight I could see Pac even getting 5 rounds. Don't understand at all how people can claim it was a "masterful performance". A lot of the rounds were close especially rounds 7-10. Pac clearly won rounds 4 and 6. I gave him round 2 as well. I was actually surprised how close the fight was compared to how I felt watching it live, think I was influenced by the commentators especially Roy who just spent the whole night ignoring Pacquiao's work. Truth be told it was a really bad fight, neither fighter impressed at all. Mayweather clearly felt Pacquiao's punch and Pac clearly was weary of being countered by Floyd. Which just led to a ton of inactivity by both fighters. Just a really disappointing fight.

Comment

• no one cares about your score card

Comment

Working...
                X