Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexicans support everyone Mexican unless they're giving reason not to. They're about as loyal a boxing country as there is.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      Hes exciting when he fights. I dont like his current decisions but i know he will eventually fight GGG . the dude already has 40+ fights at 25. Its funny how you call cotto shot but you probably were praising him high when he beat sergio martinez...
      He needs to fight him now... Golovkin is not getting any better at 34. Canelo won't get any better either, he reached his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        People are stupid

Uk fans but bellew cleverly and anybody joshua fights

Americans buy mayweather vs anyone

Its not just mexicans...

/thread
        Not really. Clverely is barely known here as is Bellew. I'd agree with Joshua but he has been marketed perfectly and did win an Olympic gold and now holds one oft he heavyweight belts, so there is a selling point.

So, with regards to this thread, Canelo was already a big name in Mexico, doing huge tv numbers from what I've heard/read, when he was fighting the likes of Matty H.

Tbf to Canelo, he has done a lot since the Mayweather debacle, with some solid wins and one controversial one over a future HOFer. The problem arises with his open ducking of GGG, then again, we know ethnic support overrides boxing sense.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
          Dude. Joshua is the most entertaining fighter to watch in many years. People like to see him fight already. He's a big hit in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, etc., it's far from just a British phenomen. Whenever a Joshua fight is on, me and my friends watch it and have a good time with it. We find it exciting to follow his development. If he still doesn't fight quality opponents when he's past 20, then yes, people will start losing their interest. But he deserves the interest at the moment.
          Your a lame dude you dont evennknow what your talking about the Mexican people are starting to turn the back on canelo, im Mexican and my favorite fighter is carl frampton, loma, kieth thurman, alan sanchez not just mexicans. Its pretty much like saying all black ppl only like black fighters, yeah maybe casuals but anybody that respects and knows the game will have a variety of fighters they admire. Dbag

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
            Are Mexican boxing fans stupid? How the fok did a guy like CANELO end up as a superstar there? Weren't they supposed to have a big and proud boxing history?How can they support this guy, who only fights small fighters and now is known as possibly the biggest coward in the history of the sport? The guy is not even that good. He was an extremely easy fight for Mayweather and he lost to Lara and Trout (if you disagree, that's fair, but you can't deny that he looked bad) and he struggled against a shot small Cotto who had done nothing for years, except beating a onelegged cripple and losing to Trout. What's so impressive about Canelo? Even Khan was outboxing until the knockout happened, lol. The only thing about him that impresses me is his ability to manipulate his weight. Everything about him just screams "hypejob".
            Actually it's documented that people of your skin color have the lowest IQ 85 to be exact and 70 in Africa

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
              He needs to fight him now... Golovkin is not getting any better at 34. Canelo won't get any better either, he reached his prime.
              I know i agree. Doesnt make me stop being a fan though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                A Mexican Canelo in the wild is quite a majestic beast. Who can blame them.
                WOW. Canelo looks huge in this photo. Unless it's photoshopped, he looks bigger than a light heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  They just like Mexican fighters and pretty much nobody else, oh well.
                  That's not true. Canelo is Irish and Mexico loves him.

Comment

Working...
                  X