Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Collazo Knocks Out Victor Ortiz in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great shot by Collazo, surprised me and a lot of people. I won't say Ortiz is done because he's still young, but he needs to work on his defense and foot movement. Collazo could've been caught too. Neither fighter looked particularly safe in there, but Collazo got to him first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      Even Collazo admitted he wasn't a big puncher. Ortiz got caught because he was reaching and over committing and just doesn't know how to fight any other way other than using brute force. Collazo said he studied Ortiz's tendency of throwing looping shots and capitalized on it like a true veteran...
      yeah he was over-eager too, too long out of the ring. He's good value though Victor, would watch again

Comment

• He did a better acting job not being able to get up in the Mayweather fight. Ortiz is done, he doesn't have the mental strength for the sport. He already looked beaten and discouraged when Collazo started to make contact.

Comment

• Sad to see that hes 27 tommorrow and been shot the last 2years!
          Still think he has good skills when he uses them right!
          His weaving and upper body movement was so jittery .

Hope he takes time and comes back still believe if he's 100% can have some bit of success but he took the wrong comeback fight, you dont meet many fighters like Collazo. Good boxer, good chin throws from all sorts of angles on the outside. Shoulda went with someone less threatning

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            Oh wow, I didn't know you were Ortiz, on this forum so soon after the fight. Look, wacko, did YOU get clocked with that perfect home run? No? Didn't think so.
            Perfect home run

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              This is funny... 'fans' counting Ortiz out for good. HE'S DONE! GLASS JAW! HA! That's a huge load of b.s. The man got caught with a punch that would drop and/or stop ANY WW. And suddenly he's trash? I've said it many times, but it bears repeating... glad I never turned pro. What a fickle bunch of 'fans'. Anyone with a boxing brain knows Collazo is no pushover. I actually thought he won vs Berto. Anyway, maybe one day you 'fans' will learn to stop ganging up on someone who has provided you with a shiiii-load of exciting fights thru the years... win or lose. I won't hold my breath though.
              Most WW's wouldn't have even been phased by that punch. Collazo's not a hard puncher, it didn't even drop Ortiz it just rocked him.

Collazo isn't dropping anyone in the Top 10 at WW with a singe punch.

And yeah Collazo was good and beat Berto, like 6 or something years ago.

He was soundly beaten by Freddy ****ing Hernadez a few fights ago. Yes, Freddy Hernandez.

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                Funny how people use the "would you get up" bs. We are not world class fighters, we are fans.
                Fact is Ortiz quit again. He got a long count and then jumped up the second the fight was over like nothing happened. He clearly could have gotten to his feet and survived the round but he chose not to. Maybe he bet the house on Collazo and cashed himself out.
                LOL well said. Sure, he got caught hard, but arent boxers suppose to have heart? I've seen other boxers make an attempt to get up and finish but Ortiz's punk ass just said "f it, I'm gonna milk the count so I can get out of here". HES A QUITTER. END OF DISCUSSION

Comment

• Any one got a gif or video? Missed this fight.

Comment

• Collazo deserved the win because he's simply the smarter and better fighter. But I don't think Vic is done or washed up nor do I think he should hang em up. He is still an entertaining fighter and I like to watch him against any champ or top contender, the kid brings it.
                    You don't like boxing if you want to see him leave the sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                      Mayweather losen his chin, Lopez broke it, Collazo confirmed it.
                      Floyd ain't do ****! He sucker punched him.

Comment

Working...
                      X