No announcement yet.

The Greatness of Naseem Hamed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatness of Naseem Hamed

Someone posted a funny Hamed video earlier this morning and I got annoyed with a few of the posts on that thread. I saw Naseem called everything from JOKE to BUM to HEARTLESS. I wanted to do one of my GREATNESS series threads on Naseem but I wasn't really in the mood this morning......but I'm in the mood now.

NASEEM HAMED 36-1-0 (31 KO's)

WBO Featherweight Champion 1995-2000
    IBF Featherweight Champion 1997
    WBC Featherweight Champion 1999-2000

Please note that Hamed beat every beltholder at 126 in his time , the only reason he didn't hold all those belt and wasn't the undisputed , unified champion was due to WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO politics.

Let's take a closer look at this BUM'S resume. Here's a list of his notable wins , his opponents , their record at the time they fought Naseem and all the titles they held.

TKO11 Medina (52-7-0) IBF/WBC/WBO126 Champion
    TKO7 Vazquez (50-7-2) WBA118 , WBA122 , WBA126 Champion
    KO4 Kelley (47-1-2) WBC/WBU126 Champion
    UD12 Soto (54-7-2) WBC126 Champion
    TKO8 Johnson (44-2-2) IBF126 Champion
    TKO4 Sanchez (26-1-0)
    TKO11 Ingle (21-0-0) IBF126 Champion
    UD12 McCullough (22-1-0) WBC118 Champion
    TKO2 Molina (27-0-0)
    TKO8 Robinson (21-9-1) WBO126 Champion
    KO2 Liendo (42-4-3)
    TKO6 Cruz (44-6-6)
    KO2 Perez (37-12-2) IBF115 Champion
    KO4 Castro (43-17-3)
    TKO4 Bungu (37-2-0) IBF122 Champion

Not bad for a HEARTLESS JOKE of a fighter. But then again he's still a BUM because his ONE loss was to Hall Of Famer Marco Antonio Barrera right? Because not too many guys lost to Marco......
    Last edited by Left Hook Tua; 07-25-2008, 04:35 AM.

Prince Naseem Hamed......

Last edited by Left Hook Tua; 12-05-2014, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      Someone posted a funny Hamed video earlier this morning and I got annoyed with a few of the posts on that thread. I saw Naseem called everything from JOKE to BUM to HEARTLESS. I wanted to one of GREATNESS series threads on Naseem but I wasn't really in the mood this morning......but I'm in the mood now.

NASEEM HAMED 36-1-0 (31 KO's)

WBO Featherweight Champion 1995-2000
      IBF Featherweight Champion 1997
      WBC Featherweight Champion 1999-2000

Please note that Hamed beat every beltholder at 126 in his time , thoe only reason he didn't hold all those belt and wasn't the undisputed , unified champion was due to WBC/WBA/IBF/WBO politics.

Let's take a closer look at this BUM'S resume. Here's a list of his notable wins , his opponents , their record at the time they fought Naseem and all the titles they held.

TKO11 Medina (52-7-0) IBF/WBC/WBO126 Champion
      TKO7 Vazquez (50-7-2) WBA118 , WBA122 , WBA126 Champion
      KO4 Kelley (47-1-2) WBC/WBU126 Champion
      UD12 Soto (54-7-2) WBC126 Champion
      TKO8 Johnson (44-2-2) IBF126 Champion
      TKO4 Sanchez (26-1-0)
      TKO11 Ingle (21-0-0) IBF126 Champion
      UD12 McCullough (22-1-0) WBC118 Champion
      TKO2 Molina (27-0-0)
      TKO8 Robinson (21-9-1) WBO126 Champion
      KO2 Liendo (42-4-3)
      TKO6 Cruz (44-6-6)
      KO2 Perez (37-12-2) IBF115 Champion
      KO4 Castro (43-17-3)
      TKO4 Bungu (37-2-0) IBF122 Champion

Not bad for a HEARTLESS JOKE of a fighter. But then again he's still a BUM because his ONE loss was to Hall Of Famer Marco Antonio Barrera right? Because not too many guys lost to Marco......

Co-sign. Nas lost a lotta 'fans' when he got beat by MAB, but his real fans still remember him as a vicious champion who was dominant as hell in his day.

Comment

Hamed was great and he beat more past, future, and current champions than almost anyone. People that dismiss him as a hoax really don't know what they are talking about. The dumbest thing Hamed ever did was fire his original trainer. In his prime he was deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
          Co-sign. Nas lost a lotta 'fans' when he got beat by MAB, but his real fans still remember him as a vicious champion who was dominant as hell in his day.
          people that saw the barrera fight only doesn't realize how good he was.

hamed had a short prime due to his lifestyle outside the ring , if you see a few of his fights before and his one fight after marco you can tell he no longer had it.

there's a reason he retired after 1 fight after the barrera loss.......

Comment

prince was more of a circus clown with power. He only beat bums or over the top fighters.

He fought like ameteur, and was exposed. The problem was that people thought he was better than what he was, but he was entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              people that saw the barrera fight only doesn't realize how good he was.

hamed had a short prime due to his lifestyle outside the ring , if you see a few of his fights before and his one fight after marco you can tell he no longer had it.

there's a reason he retired after 1 fight after the barrera loss.......

The guy lost one fight by decision to a future hall of famer and people talk about him like he was a joke. Hamed was a victim of the anti-Arabic/Muslim sentiment in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                Hamed was great and he beat more past, future, and current champions than almost anyone. People that dismiss him as a hoax really don't know what they are talking about. The dumbest thing Hamed ever did was fire his original trainer. In his prime he was deadly.
                dumbass emmanuel steward messed with his style too much. his "stupid" acts when he was fighting made him so dangerous and unpredictable. his "clowning" made his opponents wary and timid.

i loved to hate the guy back then. i remember i was praying for marco to kill him and shut that "clown" up.

but seeing people dismiss him is sad......and it takes away from one of Marco's greatest victories.

Comment

Originally posted by ottoevans View Post
                  prince was more of a circus clown with power. He only beat bums or over the top fighters.

He fought like ameteur, and was exposed. The problem was that people thought he was better than what he was, but he was entertaining
                  uh huh......

Comment

He beat some quality opponents in his prime and his awkward style made his opponents confused.

Steward and Suarez tried to change his style which didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                    X