Lights out power? Check.
    Combination punching? Check.
    Strong counter punching ability? Check.
    High boxing IQ? Check.
    Lazy? Check.
    Easily demotivated? Check.
    Shuts off during fights? Check.
    Great at making excuses? Check.

I kid though, Toney at MW was a very good fighter. He'd give GGG hell. What a fight that would be.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
      You don't need to clinch him on the inside because he doesn't have an inside game. IF a fighter gets within his range, he'll likely be the one to tie up. Lemieux has heavy and terrible feet in addition to no jab so he had not option but to get picked off at range round by round.
      I am pretty sure that if you have an inside game, it would not nullify GGG. You would land, but he would also, The issue is, both would land, but he would hurt you more.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        Somebody like Beterbiev... or someone like Lara (but with much more heart in the fight)... No joking here.
        I agree with this, and I think he has enough heart too. Got knocked down, What was it, 3 times in the Angulo fight and still made him quit.

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
          I agree with this, and I think he has enough heart too. Got knocked down, What was it, 3 times in the Angulo fight and still made him quit.
          Top Cubans are always a nightmare for Russians, stylistically... But Lara needs lots of heart and training to overcome this beast.

Comment

Good Chin
            Boxes well in the center of the ring
            Counter puncher
            Good head movement

The fighter to beat Golovkin doesn't have to be a heavy hitter, they just have to have enough power to keep GGG off when he tries to smother him with punches.

Comment

Ward could do whatever he thought best but once he gets lit up, his plans go out da window. The fighter to beat GGG needs a granite chin and Kovalev's power.....does Ward have that? I didn't think so.

Froch retired to avoid him, Ward moved up to 175, N'Jikam turned down mandatory defenses 2 times, Quillen dropped a belt and ran to Hymen for cover, Cotto put ear plugs in and pretended that GGG was a mythical creature, my boy Serg retired, Chavez took a loss so he would no longer be marketable. These dudes know what it is, when will you guys?
              Last edited by mathed; 10-18-2015, 10:33 PM.

Comment

yeah i wish sergio were in prime shape for GGG but, back in reality land.... i would like to see andre dirrell give it a shot, and of the charlos as mentioned, and i would like to see quillin sac up and take the fight and get pushed hard to let loose

Comment

Gerald McClellan is an example of a boxer that would give GGG A LOT of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    imo an inside fighter that's a good jabber doubling and tripling it up
                    No one at 160 or below has a chance. Only a physically bigger guy can beat him. In terms of attributes:

Fast feet and hands.
                    Punch variety - you can't throw the same shots, the same way with the same acceleration against GGG.
                    Good movement - Not someone who just walks backwards. Someone who can pivot and turn well. Someone who can walk GGG into traps.
                    Great defense - On the inside and outside.
                    Counter puncher - Someone who can draw a punch out of GGG, shoot their own punch and escape.

Most importantly, someone who controls range and pace extremely well. As for any fighter, Golovkin can only hit you if he is in range. He beats guys because he is able to control distance and pace, with ease so far. Someone needs to take that away from him.

There is only one guy, Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                      imo an inside fighter that's a good jabber doubling and tripling it up
                      Sounds like Andre Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X