Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are your favorite retired boxers? How succesful would they versus current boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are your favorite retired boxers? How succesful would they versus current boxers?

I just felt like asking to read some thoughts. Mine are Trinidad, Camacho, Mancini, Durán, and Wilfredo Gómez, to name a few.

Trinidad - He would be very successful at 147 and 154. 160 might be a stretch though.

Camacho - At 130 and 135 he would be very successful. Broner might be the toughest one, I think. Still, I would favor Camacho.

Mancini - He was not the most skilled boxer, but his toughness and physical strength got him far. Again, Broner might be the toughest style for him.

Durán - I don't think I have to add much here.

Gómez - Now this is a good one. He is the ATG 122 but he would have to face Donaire in order to claim the top spot in the division. This fight could go either way although I favor Donaire in the strength department.

Add your list and thoughts.

Nigel Benn...

v Carl Froch - I think a prime Benn cracks that chin in a war, you can only take so many Benn bombs flush

v Andre Ward - could get very messy, a dirty fight imo maybe even a DQ, I don't think Benn would take kindly to Ward's style

v Kessler - I think Benn would find Kessler's height a challenge but if he could draw him into a battle like Froch did he could get the W

v Dirrell - I think he KO's Dirrell or makes him quit

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      Nigel Benn...

v Carl Froch - I think a prime Benn cracks that chin in a war, you can only take so many Benn bombs flush

v Andre Ward - could get very messy, a dirty fight imo maybe even a DQ, I don't think Benn would take kindly to Ward's style

v Kessler - I think Benn would find Kessler's height a challenge but if he could draw him into a battle like Froch did he could get the W

v Dirrell - I think he KO's Dirrell or makes him quit
      I favor Benn against everyone except Ward. The guy was tough and determined and that goes a long way.

Comment

Lennox Lewis: 95-00 Version

Dominates Current Vitali, very very very bloody.

Ko David Price
        KO Tyson Fury
        KO Wilder - super saiyan Ko. Out the ring.
        KO Banks.
        KO Pulev.
        KO Adamek. Death

Dominates David Haye 12-0.

Makes Chisora his boy toy. **** gape, Chisora tongue on penis.

KO Wlad

Comment

hvy Joe Louis - Would be champion today

200 Visily Jirov - Would hold a belt today

175 Micheal Spinks - Would be champion today

168 Roy Jones - Would be champion today

160 Marvin Hagler - Would be champion today

154 Vinny Pazienza - May squeeze in the top 10 today at his best

147 Tommy Hearns - Would be champion today

140 Barney Ross - Would be champion today

135 Benny Leonard - Would be champion today

130 Alexis Arguello - would be champion today

126 Willie Pep - Would be champion today

122 Wilfredo Gomez - Would be a beltholder and top 3 today

Anything below this and I'd be lying if I said I had favorite fighters in those divisions.

Comment

mike tyson. in his prime, current HW boxers won't last 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Nigel Benn...

I think Nigel is more of a slow poison at 168.. he seemed far more scary as a Middleweight.

I think Carl could win if he grinds Nigel down. It'd be fun to watch though.

Comment

Pernell Whitaker- He'd beat anyone at 135-140. The only guy at 147 who would make it a really tough fight would be Mayweather.

Roy Jones Jr- Jones vs Sergio would be interesting at 160, but I'd still favor Roy. He beats anyone at 168, with Andre Ward making it the most competitive, and he beats anyone at 175.

Sugar Ray Leonard- He beats any Welterweight today, yes he beats Mayweather, even in his prime at WW (06-07).

Stevie Johnston- He'd beat anyone at Lightweight today, with the exception of possibly Broner. I'd have to see Broner against more opposition at 135 first.

Ron Lyle- He'd beat any Heavyweight today with the exception of Wlad and Vitali, and Haye would be 50-50 probably.

Ali- He beats any HW today hands down. In his prime of course.

Castillo- He beats any Lightweight today, with the exception of Broner and maybe Vazquez. I think Castillo was good enough pressure fighter, probably one of the most underrated pressure fights, to make Vazquez uncomfortable in there as well as Broner. I don't know what Broner would have done against an amazing pressure fighter like Castillo, who could take his punches and keep coming. It'd be very interesting. Castillo is crazy unedrrated.

Floyd Patterson- His chin was so bad, but he had enough skills to beat top HW's until he ran into Sonny Liston. He still probably beats most of these slow and robotic HW's H2H, except Vitali/Wlad/Haye.

Wright- He would make a tough fight for anyone from 154-160. Floyd and Trout would be tough fights for him, really close fights. He beats the rest though, and Sergio/Golovkin would be pick em' fights at 160.

Comment

Mathew Saad Muhammad....would toss Dawson around like a rag doll at 175...no doubt he would be champ today

Mike Tyson....with Mike you never know...a loose cannon

Prince Hamed....would love to see him and Vic Darchinyan go at it...oh man!!..2 awkward dudes who can turn your lights out if they connect....of course I got Naz winning that!!

Lennox Lewis......would be undisputed champ today....maybe he would've lost to Vitali one day...but I bet he would've gotten revenge in typical Lennox Lewis fashion

Dariusz Michalczewski....another dude who I think could give Chad a mean fight....Dariusz beats Cloud and Clev imo

Comment

Monzon would clean out 160 with very little bother.

Alexis Arguello would dominate 130-135. Might have some problems at 126 and 140.

Harold Johnson would beat everyone at 175 today.

Dick Tiger would be Champion at 160 but could see him having a series with Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                    X