No announcement yet.

Senator McCain pushes for Presidential pardon for Jack Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRPP View Post
    Cubans are racist and there racist to there own but Cubans stick with each other and help each other out.

Rican's don't do that ****..
    yea i know.... Pr's are very proud ppl..... im part pr myself.

Comment

Originally posted by a-raines21 View Post
      yea i know.... Pr's are very proud ppl..... im part pr myself.
      Oh ok, I see your hugh Cintron fan too..

Comment

Originally posted by PRPP View Post
        Oh ok, I see your hugh Cintron fan too..
        lmao..... hell ya man

Comment

lmao^^^^^

Fuck John "granddaddy" Mccain and his hoe ass wife!
          c'mon raines, don't say that about a true american...bad form

Comment

Originally posted by GP27 View Post
            c'mon raines, don't say that about a true american...bad form
            what do you mean by a "true" american? he is no more american than me or you

Comment

yea but alot of his follower are bad ppl at heart... i watched the documentary "A Right America Feeling Wronged" and i saw what type of ppl voted for mccain........ If thats the kind of ppl he appeals to then i can even begin to like him....
              I watched "Gremlins" and if you feed a moogwai after midnight it turn's green and starts all sorts of crazy shinanigans. They are bad things at heart and if that is the kind of monsters they want to be then i can't even begin to like them.

Comment

what do you mean by a "true" american? he is no more american than me or you
                how about patriot

Comment

As long as people don't want to live upto the negativity within their own lives and need something to blame it on then there will always be some form of racism. Hopefully as we evolve it'll lessen to some degree but I think there will always be a "Us and Them" kind of situation no matter how much time passes.

Comment

I wrote this on another site a few months back, when this issue first surfaced.

I believe that Johnson violated both the spirit and letter of the law in the man act, BUT I feel he should be pardoned 100%.

1. The letter of the law is flawed in so much as it is filled with vague language that leaves far too much latitude to authorities in it's enforcement. Yes Johnson violated the clause in it that dealt with "prostitution", but this term is lumped in with immorality (vague term) and human trafficking which I believe is the key term which is linked to "prostitution". The actual name of the act you see is the "White Slave Traffic Act", which leads me to believe that when referring to prostitution, especially when linked with the term human trafficking, they do not mean a man hiring a prosistute in one state and doing the deed in another state, but instead "pimps" (for lack of a better word) going into one state to obtain women (especially by forceful means) to work in an illegal business in another state. Thus though Johnson did take women across state borders for purposes of prostitution, violating the letter of the law, I dont believe it was the law's true intent.

2. As far as the spirit of the law goes, I will go alittle more philisophical. I am not sure what Mann as the crafter of this bill meant for its spirit to be. Reading through it, I believe the spirit that was meant to be conveyed was what I stated above in the Letter of the Law explanation. That is a mere veil though to the true spirit. I believe part of the true spirit was to snare black men, and thats why much of the language was vague.
                    So though Johnson did not in my opinion violate the conveyed spirit the public was supposed to see in this set of laws, he did break what was the true spirit the laws were written in.

So though Johnson my have been 100% guilty, I believe due to undertones of the time, that this was not in the interest of justice and should be pardoned.
                    And yes, McCain is a big pundit in boxing. He has been the one leading the charge for the national commission, and was behind the Ali Act. I hope that he is doing this out of that same love for boxing, and this isnt motivated by publicity. This push has been going on for awhile now (as the post I quoted was from back in September), plus McCain is near the end of his time politically (so he isnt doing this hoping to run for President again) so I believe his mostivation is good.

Comment

i love the fact that someone wants to el the sport. But man like i said, as a black man, i can't back someone who appeals to a racist crowd. I understand that sometime, you have to do what you have to do, but thats huge man....... especially when you are running against a black man....
                      But be real man.

There were a ton of black ppl that voted for Obama JUST because he was black. And you know that's true. And that's more or less reversed racism.

I voted Obama so I'm not totally disagreeing with you. Just saying that that's a poor reason to dislike McCain. And those documentarys are not documentary's. A true Doc is not biased and shows both side of the coin. Thats the only way the point the doc is trying to make has any credibility.

That's like saying Religulous was a documentarys. It wasn't a doc, it was Bill Mahr preaching.

Comment

Working...
                      X