Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trainers says I gotta hit the heavy bag and shadowbox for 3 month before using

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trainers says I gotta hit the heavy bag and shadowbox for 3 month before using

...working with the hand mitts. WAT?! Goddamn how long until I start sparring?

Originally posted by BlackFist View Post
    Buy your own....

Comment

Part of me can see why. Don't want the greens ****ing my elbows up.

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
        Part of me can see why. Don't want the greens ****ing my elbows up.
        Yep, not to mention he will probably quit before 3 months is up anyway.

But if he's paying a decent amount for training I could see why he would be mad.

Comment

I would counsel patience. Rome wasn't built in a day and you won't become a proficient boxer in a day either. Even money that your trainer is bringing you along gradually for a reason..

When I started in boxing they threw me to the wolves quickly because I was already proficient at martial arts from over a decade of experience. But if you are rank and file your trainer will want to establish a strong foundation before building you up. Shadow and heavy bag, plus calisthenics, running, and jump rope sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Yep, not to mention he will probably quit before 3 months is up anyway.

But if he's paying a decent amount for training I could see why he would be mad.
            I'm paying 45/month to basically hit the heavy bag. I feel cheated. ...and its not like he's teaching me ****.

Comment

I'm paying 45/month to basically hit the heavy bag. I feel cheated. ...and its not like he's teaching me ****.
              45 US dollars? That's cheap sonny. One of the gyms I coach at charges $140 for competition classes. Well, it's obviously a steal though.

Comment

Get another Gym then, or speak to your trainer

Comment

I agree with One of the gyms I coach at charges $140 for competition classes.

Comment

My trainer said he had to spend 6 months before the mirror just practicing footwork back and forth, left and right. His trainer would watch him and say "It's wrong, do it again", "Wrong, again", "Again"

Comment

Working...
                    X