Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Bhop Hurt His Legacy by Not Going up to Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I've been saying for a while how Martinez has been b!tching out of a fight with Wlad.. Coward.
    Why didn't Iran Barkley fight Mike Tyson in 88-89? Unbelievable duck.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Why didn't Iran Barkley fight Mike Tyson in 88-89? Unbelievable duck.
      Emile Griffith ducked out of a fight against Ali too.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I've been saying for a while how Martinez has been b!tching out of a fight with Wlad.. Coward.

Fitzsimmons (a middleweight) became heavyweight champion by KOing James Corbett so why can't Hopkins? /sarc

Comment

What are these guys smoking when they ask completely ignorant questions like this one. B HOP legacy in jeopardy because he didn't go up to heavyweight!!!!!!!! As the late ES said, they have weight division for a purpose & if you are not a natural at that weight then no one should even question why you are not fighting a bigger guy... Damn some of these guys are just plum stupid...........

Comment

No is the simple answer.

The long answer is that he is one of the best middleweights ever and he didn't need to go to heavyweight where he would have been way too small and out of shape to have competed in the Klitschko era which was well under way when he was moving up to light heavy.

Comment

Bhop doesn't have the speed to fight at HW , he fights in a shell that HWs would just over power and bust up , you wanna go up and win titles you got to have a lot of speed , or pick a dud HW to go against .

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoHooker View Post
                Jones & Toney did it

Surely Bhop could pick up a Crusierweight title at least

With so much time in the sport, it seems a waste to have hung around 175 for so long
                LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOL...................................... .................................................. ....................Let me catch my breath and............................................... .......................LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

Lol at this thread.

Btw, moving up to HW wasn't Toney's choice like it was Jr's. Toney suffers from a damaged pituitary gland which causes him to produce little to no testosterone, it's the reason he blew up to a HW. The only time he's really been in shape was at cruiser when he was roided up.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    man, this place sometimes
                    I'm not wanting to be condescending to the TS, but seriously . . . BHOP is a first ballot hall of famer, and at this point I don't think he can hurt his legacy.

There probably was a time Bhop could have jumped to heavyweight, but I think that'd have actually hurt his legacy quite a bit, he's a cerebral fighter at the lighter weights, he'd have to be crazy careful at heavyweight. He'd throw 15 punches a round tops.

Comment

I don't think that this in anyway hurts his legacy, but I would've liked to see him move up. And this is not that far fetched....

Few years ago, a Povetkin-Hopkin (that sounds kinda funny) fight actually was being discussed and it's not stretch to think that Hopkins could have won this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X