No announcement yet.

Jerry Quarry vs David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    Quarry fought murderous punchers like Ron Lyle, Earnie Shavers, Mac Foster & Joe Frazier and was never knocked out yet David Haye who has just beat Audley Harrison in the most pathetic Heavyweight fight in the history of the sport KOs Quarry in 5rds... FFS
    Ha that Audley was just embarrasing lol. Maybe you have convinced me to pick Haye by decision...

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      when was Quarry 6ft 4ins?... why would Quarry be waiting for Haye to lead?

This fight would play out similar to Quarry vs Bodell
      Haye is 6'4.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Its a little difficult for me to defend this until you're a little more accurate with your analysis. I can tell you as a fact that Quarry fought more round against better fighters in a better era than Haye. Is that arguable? You're making the claim, so please, educate me.

Do I think Quarry is a better fighter? Sure, just compare their resume's? Haye is totally unproven unless you count an old Ruiz or a giant cyclops who couldn't fight to begin with and relied on gift decisions.

I like Haye. But going by the facts I just can't pick him. Quarry had better success against better fighters.

The stamina issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0StHF1u7d8 of course, he was a young man here.

BTW, I geniunely want people to tell me their opinions without telling me I'm not accurate enough in my analysis. I have no doubt you guys who post in this section know a lot more than me about boxing history.

It's the Christmas season and I'm hoping to learn, give me a break, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
          The stamina issue

BTW, I geniunely want people to tell me their opinions without telling me I'm not accurate enough in my analysis. I have no doubt you guys who post in this section know a lot more than me about boxing history.

Haye is 6ft 3ins which is meaningless.. Quarry dealt with guys that height and taller all his career like Mac Foster, Ron Lyle, Buster Mathis and many more... could Haye beat those guys

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post
            I never rated Quarry very highly, so my pick woukd be Haye by KO in 5 or somewhere around there.
            Come on now.. A deadly puncher in Shavers couldn't KO Quarry. To say Haye would KO him is ridiculous.

Comment

Gerry Querry by 3rd Round KO....

Comment

Haye has never shown he can beat a heavyweight in Quarry's class. Until he does I'm going with Quarry.

Comment

Quarry wins hands down. Haye hasn't shown he even has the balls to fight someone like Quarry. by the way quarry never had stamina problems. haye did.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Its a little difficult for me to defend this until you're a little more accurate with your analysis. I can tell you as a fact that Quarry fought more round against better fighters in a better era than Haye. Is that arguable? You're making the claim, so please, educate me.

Do I think Quarry is a better fighter? Sure, just compare their resume's? Haye is totally unproven unless you count an old Ruiz or a giant cyclops who couldn't fight to begin with and relied on gift decisions.

I like Haye. But going by the facts I just can't pick him. Quarry had better success against better fighters.
                    @"giant cyclops." I agree, Jab. Quarry was much more proven than Haye as a heavyweight. If they could fight today my money would be on Quarry based on what I know about both fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                      The stamina issue

First off, Merry Christmas. Second, I was genuinely interested what made you come to this conclusion and appreciate the video. But you were rather vague in your description of him having stamina issues. Lastly, and I don't think its just me who does this, when you compare a h2h fantasy fight you use the best versions of each fighter to establish which has the greater chance of winning.

Keep coming back Sparked, this board wants open minded people willing to learn and put their two cents in. You might catch a little hazing from a few people, but there are a lot of well educated boxing fans posting in this section.

Comment

Working...
                      X