Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Froch vs Groves II Master Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FuuuuuuuuuuuC, I picked Groves by mistake.

WAR Cobra!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Froch fans are in collective denial and are predicting he will win off of total emotion and a lack of logic.

Froch is a good fighter who I am a fan of but he is where he is due to a superhuman chin and stamina. Not boxing skill.

Groves showed he's simply too fast, too cordinated and well schooled for froch, his reflexes are so much quicker.

As annoying as he is Groves is a well schooled boxer who's been fighting since he was 13 and is so much more skilled and well schooled than Froch who is a good brawler with a non existent defense and footwork but a superhuman chin to keep him with the elites.

Unless Froch juices or gets extremely lucky there is no way he wins this.

Comment

Froch late stoppage

Groves showed a total lack of experience in the first fight - He wouldn't hold, he loaded up on everything, prating around on the ropes, turning his back when hurt and sagging, easily drawn into exchanges and taken out of his boxing/comfort zone.

& frankly I don't think he can go 12 at a pace. I did feel he'd probably start well and I am expecting it again. Soon as he losses snap, Froch will get more and more confident and turn it into his fight. Froch carries his power better than Groves.

Groves is the better boxer, Froch is the better fighter and that is what it will come down to when Froch drags him into the trenches.

Outside of the first round the rest was competitive. The third in particular where he hurt Groves & Froch clearly won the fifth. People like to make out Groves dominated the first half, rewatch the fight.
            Groves was ahead sure, absolutely but it really wasn't as dominant as a lot think it was. He was shading the rounds unless you chose to listen to Jim Watt who will have you believe Froch landed nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Froch late stoppage

Groves showed a total lack of experience in the first fight - He wouldn't hold, he loaded up on everything, prating around on the ropes, turning his back when hurt and sagging, easily drawn into exchanges and taken out of his boxing/comfort zone.

& frankly I don't think he can go 12 at a pace. I did feel he'd probably start well and I am expecting it again. Soon as he losses snap, Froch will get more and more confident and turn it into his fight. Froch carries his power better than Groves.

Groves is the better boxer, Froch is the better fighter and that is what it will come down to when Froch drags him into the trenches.

Outside of the first round the rest was competitive. The third in particular where he hurt Groves & Froch clearly won the fifth. People like to make out Groves dominated the first half, rewatch the fight.
              Groves was ahead sure, absolutely but it really wasn't as dominant as a lot think it was. He was shading the rounds unless you chose to listen to Jim Watt who will have you believe Froch landed nothing.
              Keep dreaming.

Comment

This is going to go the same way with Groves starting fast and leading early. Only reason Groves survived that long is because he is younger and faster but as he slows Carl will land more and more until he gets Groves again hopefully for a "proper" stoppage.

Comment

It just comes down to if Froch can force Groves into the trenches. Groves is the much fresher younger man though, I think that might really tell this time around.

Comment

Groves greatest advantage, as a lot of people have said, is his speed and youth but Froch has that power and that chin and if he can drag Groves into a war, which he most certainly will, i'm not sure if Groves can last.

Comment

Froch via late stoppage.

Groves will start fast, but he'll get dragged into the deep water again and won't survive.

Comment

Working...
                      X