Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is George Groves back in world class level???????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. It's a bit far fetched, especially as Froch didn't really beat him up in either of their fights.

It's pretty normal not to look your best when coming off a devastating KO loss. And Rebrasse was better than I thought.
    He didn't have to beat him up, that one punch did the damage. Not many fighters fully recover from being knocked unconscious with one bomb.

He just looked really off to me. I think his poor trainer is playing a part, but he was extremely sloppy and even more loose defensively. Swinging and moving forward with his chin high in most exchanges was the biggest concern for me....also, why is he throwing so many left hooks? He doesn't have a good left hook and he leaves himself WIDE open every time he throws it. His punches lost all of their power after 5 rounds too, he has to sort his conditioning.

He should really consider a new trainer. Gavin, AKA Paddy, is making him worse.
    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 09-21-2014, 06:22 AM.

Comment

I think the link up with Paddy is not the right move.He needs to get a new trainer and a good team around him if he is really to progress

Comment

Groves was shattered after round 2 last night.

If Rebrasse had any sort of power then Groves would have been stopped.

Comment

I don't think Groves ever left world class, losing to Froch is not that bad a thing, he is one of the greatest fighters on the planet right now and one of the best the division has ever had. Groves however, needs a new strength and con coach, someone who can help him improve his stamina beyond the half way point.

Groves starts a lot of fights off well but then loses concentration and gets caught time and time again, personally I don't think that should bother him against Anthony Dirrell, that kid is limited and Groves outboxes him but someone like AA or definitely Ward, will manage to catch him and hurt him.

Comment

one of the most overrated fighters of tha last 10 years. he's up there with matthysse in terms of how overrated he was at his peak.

f#cking brits have no souls.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              People saying he looked sloppy and he is ruined..

I dont believe he is ruined, what i believe is he has a **** trainer called Paddy, who is not good for his style

Booth took Groves to the top and thats whats missing.

Paddy is basically destroying all the hardwork Booth put in

Anyone know what Paddys credentials are ?
              He once entered a Klitschko Haye presser fight week to undermine Manny Steward wrapping Wlad's hands before facing Brewster.

Completely unfounded claims.in Manny's own words Paddy is a 'pathetic attention seeker'.those be his only credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                He didn't have to beat him up, that one punch did the damage. Not many fighters fully recover from being knocked unconscious with one bomb.

He just looked really off to me. I think his poor trainer is playing a part, but he was extremely sloppy and even more loose defensively. Swinging and moving forward with his chin high in most exchanges was the biggest concern for me....also, why is he throwing so many left hooks? He doesn't have a good left hook and he leaves himself WIDE open every time he throws it. His punches lost all of their power after 5 rounds too, he has to sort his conditioning.

He should really consider a new trainer. Gavin, AKA Paddy, is making him worse.
                I really doubt that. Really really doubt that.

He was fine yesterday, just a bit sloppy. It certainly wasn't bad enough for someone to say he's 'ruined'. He wanted to make it a bit of a fight, engaged, maybe wanted to take a punch or two to see how he'd hold up.

Maybe he wanted to work on the left hooks? This is the fight to do it in, not a fight against a world champion.

Making him worse? Paddy guided him to his best performance ever in the first Froch fight. Let them work a bit, see how it pans out. Rebrasse was a tall, kind of awkward but still limited fighter.

Originally posted by New England View Post
                one of the most overrated fighters of tha last 10 years. he's up there with matthysse in terms of how overrated he was at his peak.

f#cking brits have no souls.
                That's true. He's almost up there with the likes of Shawn "Mayweather destroyer" Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                  He once entered a Klitschko Haye presser fight week to undermine Manny Steward wrapping Wlad's hands before facing Brewster.

Completely unfounded claims.in Manny's own words Paddy is a 'pathetic attention seeker'.those be his only credentials.
                  Yeah that and he worked with 5 times trainer of the year - freddie roach for years.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    I really doubt that. Really really doubt that.

He was fine yesterday, just a bit sloppy. It certainly wasn't bad enough for someone to say he's 'ruined'. He wanted to make it a bit of a fight, engaged, maybe wanted to take a punch or two to see how he'd hold up.

Maybe he wanted to work on the left hooks? This is the fight to do it in, not a fight against a world champion.

Making him worse? Paddy guided him to his best performance ever in the first Froch fight. Let them work a bit, see how it pans out. Rebrasse was a tall, kind of awkward but still limited fighter.

That's true. He's almost up there with the likes of Shawn "Mayweather destroyer" Porter.
                    Wanted to work on his left hook during a fight? You work on that stuff in camp...Not during a fight when it's a punch you're not good at and gets you countered by s limited Euro level fighter.

He's gotten worse with each fight since 'Paddy' took over training, I don't believe that's a coincidence.

Comment

I think he could possibly beat Abraham.

Dirrell would be a good fight.

His stamina and chin will always leave him vulnerable.

Comment

Working...
                      X