Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Demolishes Martin in Two, Captures IBF Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminded me of Tyson VS. Seldon. Martin is a terrible terrible bum. One of the worst right after Seldon.

Comment

You can't complain about an early stoppage and then not get onto a knee till the 9th count. Show the ref something so he gives touch the benefit of the doubt .

Comment

And therein ends the worst HW title reign in history.

Possible issue with count, as is usual on British soil involving a British fighter, but Martin was done anyway and had plenty of time to get up.

Nice performance overall by AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
          Since when do they step fights at 9? Jesus. He literally stood right up.
          That's what I was thinking. Definitely a fast count, yet again with the refs in England... even though this one was Dutch I think. But it looks like Martin just froze up for the big show. And not a good sign when you get dropped by the exact same punch twice in a row. Wonder if there's a rematch clause? Not that it would be any different.

Good win for Joshua though... now let's see if he has any luck vs Fury.

Comment

The chump quit. He came for a paycheck, realized he will get knocked the f out if he gets up so he tries to blame it on the ref. What a trash coward.

Comment

Originally posted by maverock View Post
              This reminded me of Tyson VS. Seldon. Martin is a terrible terrible bum. One of the worst right after Seldon.
              Dont need to add anything to your post Martin was bum .

Comment

HAHAHAHA take that al gaymon.all you idiots complaining about the stoppage need to stfu martin was dropped hard twice and took to long to get up it looked like he wanted to quit not that it would have mattered because aj couldn't miss with that right hand martin NEVER had a chance of winning this fight.

Comment

A combination of Joshua being good and Martin being a paper champion.

Martin didn't want to fight anymore. I wonder if there was a betting surge for Joshua KO2??????

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    Can you count lol?

I know floyd fans cannot read but surely you can count to 10
                    What do you care? It was an early stoppage, even if you disagree. Joshua was going to win it anyway, so why blow a gasket?

Comment

The sad thing is - the hot take out of this fight is not AJ winning the title through dominance, it's about Martin losing the title with a terrible, terrible showing.

AJ probably wonders why he bothered with a training camp - he was likely pushed more in sparring than this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X