Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua Demolishes Martin in Two, Captures IBF Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
    Joshua will outbox Fury and brutally KHTFO inside four rounds.
    If he can't get Dillian Whyte out in 4, he isn't getting Fury out in 4. If Dillian Whyte can buzz him, Haye could get him out in 1 shot. Stop hyping the guy before he's proved.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
      If he can't get Dillian Whyte out in 4, he isn't getting Fury out in 4. If Dillian Whyte can buzz him, Haye could get him out in 1 shot. Stop hyping the guy before he's proved.
      BAD analogy!! These analogies have been proven inaccurate countless times in history. Same thing was said when Merroquin buzzed Rigo twice - people said Donaire would kill Rigo based on that. When Bowe dropped Holyfeld cold, people said imagine what Tyson would do to Holyfield. History is littered with fighters who held up to bigger punchers and then were stunned or stopped by lighter punchers.
      Last edited by richardt; 04-09-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
        I know people who know boxing aren't hyping him, but it's so annoying being from the UK and hearing all the hype from people who know nothing about boxing. Fury beats him based on what I've seen, and that's not a knock against Joshua because he's basically a novice. But fury isn't the only guy I think beats him. Haye beats him too unless his suspect chin gets checked. The jury is out on Wlad and whether he really has what it takes any more so who knows there. Wilder probably loses to AJ to be honest but until he actually does these things the hype is going to be annoying to me. The guy has potential but everything is coming too early for him. If Hearn isn't ****** he'll be kept away from the very very top guys for a while, he needs to learn a bit as the Whyte fight showed.
        White had one measly good round and got completely annihilated the rest of the time.

Clear your heart and stop hating. I'm not even a Joshua fan but this is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Those analogies have been proven inaccurate countless times. Same thing was said when Merroquin buzzed Rigo twice - people said Donaire would kill Rigo based on that. When Bowe dropped Holyfeld cold, people said imagine what Tyson would do to Holyfield. History is littered with fighters who held up to bigger punchers and then were stopped by lighter punchers.
          Yes, triangle theories don't work in boxing. Theories like this aren't infallible I know that. But since you are basing your opinions on Joshua beating absolutely nobody so far even though he showed some vulnerability the first time he fought someone with even a slight pulse I thought I'd engage in some hypothetical stuff too. Until Joshua actually beats someone relevant, he isn't relevant.

Comment

I don't like comments about Joshua being overrated and hyped...

Joshua just brutally KO'd Martin in 2'nd, who KO'd Glazkov in 3'rd... And Glazkov considered as descent oppoent for Wilder!!!

Double standards!

Comment

... Martin's game plan was simple: no head movement whatsoever, block the rights with the chin; if you're pun on your ass, stay down as long as possible...
              ... it seemed to work for a start, but he fell on his left hand the second time and got confused.

Comment

HW division is looking

Comment

Originally posted by Djanxx View Post
                  Why do people keep saying this about AJ and ignore the leader of the bum squad?
                  Maybe because it was AJ in that ring tonight, not Wilder

Comment

They robbed my boy Charles! they didnt want it to go the distance!

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      White had one measly good round and got completely annihilated the rest of the time.

Clear your heart and stop hating. I'm not even a Joshua fan but this is ridiculous.
                      Yes but Dillian is a nobody himself. I don't hate Joshua personally and think he could go on to be great. He certainly has the potential and makes the right noises. But believe me, living where I live it's hard to ignore all the hype around him.

Comment

Working...
                      X