Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we ready to leave Broner alone now??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what always makes me laugh about Broner. The dude gets clocked right in the face, shakes his head and says " can't hit me "

what an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      He gives everyone a reason to dislike him because when he opens his mouth nothing but cringe comes out. In boxing terms though, he is a guy who jumped up two divisions and went straight to fighting contenders. You're not that terrible if you can jump right into title fights moving up two weight classes. Feasting on smaller guys who have no choice but to respect his power has made him think leaning back actually works for a defensive strategy. If he can get some of the lead out of his feet and either adopt a high guard or start to actually roll punches we're looking at a rather complete fighter for 140/147.
      He has too many flaws to ever be 'complete' man. His style is just too mixed up. He's trying to counterpunch out of a shell posture with very poor anticipation of his opponent's shots. The two just don't go together.

Low level fighters find it too easy to hit him and he generally only beats them because he overpowers them going forward. And when it comes to facing world class opponents who're not a physical disadvantage, he just doesn't have the power to back them up like he does the smaller guys, nor the activity rate to keep them off and win rounds.

He's a strange type of fighter. Offensively talented, but for some reason fighting out of a leaky and ineffective defensive posture instead. A stylistic fuck up being blunt about it.

Comment

Nothing impressive about Broner in his last fight. He actually lost some rounds and took some flush shots. Horrible defense as ever. He was just in against a feather fist instead of someone like Mathysse so wasn't in trouble.

I see Broner getting beat up or embarrassed once he steps up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
          He has too many flaws to ever be 'complete' man. His style is just too mixed up. He's trying to counterpunch out of a shell posture with very poor anticipation of his opponent's shots. The two just don't go together.

Low level fighters find it too easy to hit him and he generally only beats them because he overpowers them going forward. And when it comes to facing world class opponents who're not a physical disadvantage, he just doesn't have the power to back them up like he does the smaller guys, nor the activity rate to keep them off and win rounds.

He's a strange type of fighter. Offensively talented, but for some reason fighting out of a leaky and ineffective defensive posture instead. A stylistic fuck up being blunt about it.
          This is a prefect description of what he does, don't know why he doesn't stop just leaning back feet stuck on the canvas eating overhand rights all of the time since it isn't working and you can't miss him.

Comment

Comment

I think many people dislike Broner cos he chats crap and can't back it up. Also the media hype he received before Maidana clocked him for 12 round was incredible, so called experts were ranking top 5 or 6 P4P....after beating DeMarco LOL I twas ridiculous and many posters here were calling Broner the future P4P best, a lot of them have backtracked since. So when Broner go humiliated what did you expect to happen? There was a massive backlash and for good reason.

Having said all that, I like Broner's fights, outside of the Molina match up, he hasn't been in too many boring match ups and he has taken genuine risks in his career, Maidana and PDL being two. It's clear the lil *** has ambition and I like that, he's mouth is gona start writing cheques his body can't cash but at least it'll be a fun ride while it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
                After teasing him? I mean he did just beat the **** out of a MexiCAN, and not to mention also. Maidana looked all impressive and actually BEAT big bro (in some people's eyes, I had it a draw). I think that beating tells me that Broner wasn't so much a farce, as Maidana was just a beast.

In my eyes, AB has kinda redeemed himself. I think people should stop teasing him over the Maidana fight. Its really old honestly, and why dont you get in there with Marcos Maidana?
                Broner has poor defence, footwork and punch output and this all equates to he will be beaten by any top tier fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  That's what always makes me laugh about Broner. The dude gets clocked right in the face, shakes his head and says " can't hit me "

what an idiot
                  Yeah I don't think he fully gets how that taunt is supposed to work

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post

what an idiot
                    hahaha omg i just spat out my drink on my screen

Comment

Working...
                    X